you give me a reason

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

"Just a normal group date with my friends," Jade says, dragging the dead vampire's body to the fireplace, "nothing unusual here! Keep walking!"

Alex is helping Damon board up the window. Not looking at them, Damon starts speaking, "I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us."

"Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, 'Oops. Sorry?'"

Elena shakes her head. "I can't believe you made a deal with her."

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Are you for real?" Alex asks, nearly dropping the board. "She has been alive all this time, known where you were and deliberately avoided you, and you still want her back?"

"Yeah, take a hint Damon. She's just not that into you."

Elena glares at Damon. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it."

"I just learnt that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky."

Damon turns around and faces Elena. "How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch."

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Everyone can go home now."

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

"Hey Jade, are you coming with me to dad's?"

Jade looks at Caroline over the newspaper she'd been reading. "No. I'm good."

"Really? Come on, it's tradition!"

"Yeah. Yours."

Even before their parents' divorce, Jade had always been closer to their mother, while Caroline was closer to their dad. She'd never really patched up that relationship, past the occasional phone call and birthday text. Caroline frowns at her response but nods and walks upstairs.

Jade picks up her phone when it rings and puts it between her ear and shoulder. "What, Damon? Calling with more bad news?"

"Is Stefan with you?"

"No. Why? Did you call Elena?"

"No, Alex is calling her."

Jade puts the newspaper down. "Why exactly is Alex there?"

"We have more important things to worry about." Damon's voice cuts off for a while before returning. "He's not with Elena."

Wow. Spending too much time with Elena had made him more susceptible to getting kidnapped.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade glares at the house where Stefan currently is being held in, as if she could burn a hole through it just by looking.

"It's not gonna go up into flames just because you keep staring at it," Alex tells her.

"I know that. I just hate waiting." She wrings her hands together. "Do you think he's still alive?"