you give me a feeling

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade wakes up to someone jumping on her bed.

"It's the day! It's today!"

"Huh?" She opens her eyes a little to see her sister looking down at her excitedly. Bonnie is standing in the corner of the room, looking awkward.

"It's today!"

"Yeah, I heard that. What's today?"

"Miss Mystic Falls!"

"Oh. You woke me for that?" She checks her clock. "At seven am?"

"Come on, how are you not excited? It's our moment!" Caroline smiles brightly. "I put in your name with me when I joined! Surprise!"

"Yeah, not really a surprise. I had my name withdrawn the next day."

Caroline's smile drops abruptly. "What?! How'd you even know?"

"You're not subtle. In the slightest." Jade sits up and rubs her eyes. "We're being rude to our guest. Bonnie, how are you? It's been a while."

"Since...yeah. I had to come back at some point. So, I'm here."

Jade gets up and gives her a hug, making sure to keep her mouth shut during it. She did not want to risk her morning breath. Bonnie sighs into the hug and she holds her for a minute.

"If you need anything at all..."

"I'll let you know. Thank you."

Caroline starts jumping again.

"Stop that," Jade snaps.

"I'm just excited!"

"I know that Caroline, we don't need to reiterate that." She glares at her sister. "One more jump, and I'm going to smother you with a pillow."

Caroline looks at her and then the bed, considering the risk.

She jumps once.

"Okay, say goodbye to Caroline, Bonnie. You're not going to see her again."

Jade starts hitting Caroline with a pillow as Bonnie laughs at them from her seat.

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

"So, you managed to complete the exercise."

"Yep," Jade says, leaning back on the couch, "and I think he's going to be a...long term friend after all."

"Well, that's great news! Is this the same friend? With the...evil brother?"

"Yeah, the evil guy is actually improving. Slightly. I think he—"

The door abruptly opens, and in walks Damon.

Wait what?

Jade looks at him in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

Dr. Linda looks at her and then back at Damon. "Jade." Linda says, shakily. "Is this the guy you told me about?"

"Aww. You told your family adjacent members about me? I'm flattered."

"It wasn't anything good,"

"I'm even more flattered now."

Dr. Linda is observing Damon. Her eyes narrow. "He's a..."

Jade looks at her in shock. "Why do you know about vampires?"

"Why do you know?" Her eyes widen as if she's realised something terrible. "Oh my God, does Alex know?"