splendidly selfish

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

The vampire who'd been the one to kidnap Elena was apparently called Rose, and she was an old friend of Lexi's. She had shown up at the Salvatore house because she had nowhere else to go.

Lexi looks at Stefan with a frown. "You know, I don't think I asked you this, but why can every vampire just walk in your house? Isn't the house in Zach's name?"

Stefan shakes his head. "The deed is in my name now. Zach had no intention of ever coming back."

"Can't say I blame him," Jade mutters.

Elena shows up and they all head to the living room and settle on the couches.

Rose starts explaining. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real."

Elena looks confused. "Who is he?"

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend."

"From the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah?"

Rose shakes her head. "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest."

Elena nods slowly, as if processing. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

Stefan says "yes" while Rose says "no." Jade and Alex roll their eyes.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true...Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

Stefan holds up his hands. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that you know of."

"That's not helping."

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."

"He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."

"Oooh. Shiver me timbers," Lexi says in a high pitched voice.

Jade joins in. "Oh no, a vampire who's in Mystic Falls and wants to kill someone? Whatever will we do?"

Damon rolls his eyes. "Alright, we're all shaking. You made your point."

Elena slowly gets up, looking slightly numb.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asks.

"School."

"We'll all go with you," he says.

She shakes her head. "That's okay. I know where it is."

Everyone watches her leave. "She's in denial," Damon says.

"Shut up, Damon."

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

Jade and Alex are talking with Caroline when Elena shows up.

"Hey. You doing better after this morning?"

"I'll be fine. What uh...what are the three of you doing today?"

"I'm going to Richmond," Alex says, "with Rose and Damon. We're investigating...stuff."

Jade rolls her eyes. They were going to search for information about Klaus.