beautiful liars

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Jade's at her house, studying for the history test the new teacher Alaric has said will be there next week when a knock sounds from the window, making her jump out of her chair. She relaxes when she sees Stefan awkwardly looking in.

"What are you doing here?! You can't ring the doorbell and come in?!"

"I couldn't risk your mother not inviting me in, with the whole... situation."

"Oh. Well come in."

Stefan jumps in. Thankfully he has atleast the good sense to leave his shoes outside and not dirty the floor of the room.

"There's a new vampire."

Jade groans. "No. Please tell me it's friendly."

"Well a woman's dead—"

The door opens and Alex enters with two coffees. "Hey Caroline let me in—"

He abruptly cuts himself off when he sees Stefan seated on Jade's bed.

"Close the door!" Jade shouts.

"Sorry!" He shuts the door and locks it for good measure. "What's going on? Didn't you and Damon say you were leaving?"

Last week after a Bonnie possession incident, Stefan and Damon were supposed to be leaving town. Damon because he tried to bring back Katherine from the dead and failed, and Stefan because he thought it was what was best for Elena and all the others.

"Apparently a new vampire is in Mystic Falls and it killed someone."

Alex nods. "Daphne. The body was all...bloody so they couldn't really tell the cause of death. Atleast that's what the people are being told."

"How many animal attacks do you think these people are going to believe?" Jade wonders out loud.

Alex shrugs. "Ignorance is bliss."

"Well, I'm tracking the vampire."

"How?"

"Just running around town at night."

Jade rolled her eyes. "You know, despite the hundred years of experience, you have a seventeen year old brain."

"Excuse me?"

"You do know I have the compass that can track vampires right?"

"Oh," Stefan simply says, "I forgot."

Alex snorts. Jade purses her lips to hide a smile. She retrieves the compass from her wardrobe and waits.

It points to Stefan and stops moving.

"Maybe it broke?"

She shakes her head confused. "It worked when I tried to find Vicki."

Stefan's eyes widen in understanding. "I wasn't with you when it worked. I'm interfering with the signal."

"Yeah, maybe—"

Stefan wooshes out of the room without saying more.

"Great."

The compass starts working within seconds. She grabs a jacket and puts it on. "Let's go. We'll lead him to the vampire and let him deal with it."

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.