she fell through the ice

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

It has never been more dangerous to be living in Mystic Falls.

Rose had been attacked by Jules the same night Jade had and she hadn't been as lucky. The wound healed first, but there was some sort of infection spreading over her back. She had started hallucinating and acting a bit like she had gone rabid. Damon had staked her through the heart that day.

Damon had become friends with Rose. Ever since he found out about the rash, he'd been acting really strange, and drinking a lot more. Jade suspected that he was feeling guilty about her getting bitten, when he was the one who pissed off Jules, but it was Damon, so she could never be sure.

He had been extremely downcast for a few days. He assured them that he wasn't upset at all, but it was pretty obvious to anyone who looked at him that he was mourning her death.

Stefan had been trying to contact Isobel, but instead of the woman, John Gilbert had shown up to everyone's disappointment.

"You know what we should do?" Jade asks.

Stefan looks at her. "What?"

"Put Elena on a plane and send her off to somewhere nobody can find her."

Stefan laughs. Jade was not joking.

"Elena's never going to agree to that."

Jade shrugs. "We'll knock her out, give her a sedative. She'll be pissed sure, but she'll be alive atleast."

Jade's phone pings and as she looks at it, a wide smile grows on her face.

"What?"

"Oh, it's Paxton. Just reminding me of our date at the Grill later."

"Are you sure that that's a good idea? With everything going on—"

"It's a great idea. I can't have my head constantly absorbed in all this supernatural bullshit."

"Ouch," Stefan says, pressing a hand to his chest.

Jade rolls her eyes. "You know what I mean."

Stefan looks out. "I have to keep an eye on Damon. With what happened to Rose...he's unstable."

As if summoned by Stefan saying his name, Damon walks in. "You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big Save Elena move?"

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate."

"We're not that desparate Stefan! The guy tried to barbeque me!"

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed . Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!"

Stefan looks a little out of breath after his monologue. Jade hands him a glass of water.

"I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer."

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe."

"And how do we do that?"

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway."

Damon slow claps. "Great work Stefan. Top notch. As if we didn't already have enough problems."

"Hey, I'm sorry about Rose."

Damon shrugs. "Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes."

"And you cared about her after five minutes. I wonder what that means?"