he's a villain

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

Jade really hoped that her science camp was going to be uneventful. The last week had been. There were no vampires, witches, werewolves. It was in Chicago and not Mystic Falls, which meant there was nothing there to bother her. This week should be as well.

Jade really should stop hoping for impossible things.

She had no idea why, but they had moved hotels. They'd been staying at a nice enough hotel, which was three stars but still clean and large enough to accommodate all of them. But the day she'd returned they'd all gotten an email that they'd be changing locations for the camp.

The new hotel was huge. It was four stars, and Jade had no idea why they'd been upgraded, but she wasn't complaining. It was quite a distance away from the old one, but the camp proceeded as it usually did.

After three hours of lectures and practicals, Jade had retired to her room. She had two roommates for her old one, but she got the whole room to herself this time.

Had the camp organisers suddenly won the lottery or something?

Her room was also on the third floor. Which meant she could see the entire street from the window. She spent all her off time people watching through the window, while enjoying the complimentary room service.

She looked to the door as it opened. "Hey Megan."

Megan had been one of her old roommates. A girl named Lila was the other, but she'd been assigned to a different room and Jade hadn't seen her ever since.

Megan looked around the room with wonder. "You get the whole place to yourself?"

Jade blinked at her. "You don't?"

"No, everyone's sharing. There's two people in each room."

"Oh, I must have been the odd one out, I guess." She extended a hand to her. "Want some fries?"

Megan takes one singular fry. "Trying not to be greedy," she explained, "fries are like fifty bucks on the menu."

What?

"You...isn't the room service complimentary?"

"No," she says, "we get a bill at the end of each day."

Jade hadn't gotten a bill.

Something was definitely up.

She shook her head. "Oh yeah, I didn't order anything yesterday. Must have slipped my mind."

She had ordered a lot the previous night. Something was definitely going on.

Megan left soon enough. She had another hour to kill, so she sat by the window again and put some music on.

And that's when she saw him.

Stefan.

And Klaus.

They were going in a bar called Gloria's bar, which was right opposite to the building she was staying in. Stefan's gaze turned upwards to the building, to the exact room she was in. The windows were tinted, but for one second, it felt like he'd seen her looking at him through the glass.