taming a bear

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

Jade knocks on the door of the apartment Alex had found her the address of, and waits.

A man opens the door wearing a robe, looking very obviously as if he'd just been roused from sleep because of her knocking. "Yes?"

"Uh, hi. I'm a friend of Lexi's. Jade."

The guy nods, his face brightening into a smile. "Oh yeah, Jade. Stefan's wife."

Jade blinks at him for a second. "I'm not his—"

"Jade!" Lexi exclaims, and Lee steps aside just in time for her to attack Jade with a bear hug.

"Lexi! You're a difficult woman to find."

"Oh yeah. I lost my phone because of a little accident and had to get a new one. No contacts. What are you doing here?"

"I've come to beg for your help."

Lexi looks confused. "With what?"

Jade sighs, feeling bad she's interrupting their vacation. "It's Stefan."

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

Jade fills Lexi on what's been happening in Mystic Falls since she'd left a while back. Lee joins them on the trip back to Mystic Falls.

"And there's this one original vampire called Seraphina, she's been—"

Lexi interrupts her. "Wait did you say Seraphina?" She digs in her bag and pulls out a photo. "This Seraphina?"

Sure enough, the picture is of Seraphina, atleast a couple years back judging by the clothing. "Yeah, that's her. You...know her?"

Lee looks at the photo sourly. "Lexi's crazy ex."

"She's not a crazy ex! She was a bit creepy, sure. But she was nice."

"To you. She hated me."

Jade blinks at the photo. "So, that's why she's been protecting me? Because of my link to you?"

"She must have been stalking you," Lee says to Lexi, his expression twisting, "she's probably still obsessed."

Lexi flips some of her hair over her shoulder. "Well, can anyone blame her?"

Lee and Jade laugh at her antics.

"So, how long did you date?"

"Oh, it was really short. Like forty years."

Jade chokes on her tea. "Forty years?!"

Lexi shrugs. "For a three hundred year old vampire, it's not really that long."

Jade shook her head and put an arm over her shoulder. "God, I have missed you."

"Let's hope so has Stefan."