for the breaking

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

Jade was woken up from sleep rather rudely by Alex and Damon barging in. Damon ripped the covers off and tossed them across the room. Jade immediately got into an attacking stance, dropping it only when she realised there was no danger, there was only Damon, and rolled her eyes.

"Was the party not enough? You want to ruin my sleep too?"

"It's two in the afternoon."

"I'm aware. I was taking a nap."

Alex coughs and interrupts their bickering. "Guess who paid us a visit last night."

"I don't care if God himself dropped down from the sky and met you. Don't interfere with my sleep."

"It was Stefan, Jade."

Jade's hands faltered from where she was reaching for her phone, the one detail she remembered clearly from the previous night flashing in her mind. "He called me," she told them.

Damon looked at her with wide eyes. "What? What did he say?"

"He said my name. And then he ended the call. I think." Jade rubbed her head tiredly.

"What do you mean, you think?"

"Well, I did drink a little last night."

"A little," Damon repeats.

She ignores him. "What did he say to you?"

"Nothing. Just told us to stop looking for him. That he's evil now. Same old. So, obviously we're not stopping."

Jade nods seriously. "Obviously."

"We're leaving to look for him tonight. Do you want to-"

"I'm not coming," Jade immediately declared.

Damon raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted to be included in our investigations."

"So keep me updated. I've only got the weekend here before I need to get back to the molecular biology camp. If I don't get there by Sunday, I'm not gonna be rested well enough for Monday's events and-"

"Okay. Got it. Forget I ever asked."

Jade starts folding the bedsheet. "So, where are you two headed?"

"Alex talked to Tyler Lockwood and found a lead in the smoky mountains of Tennessee. We're heading there tonight."

Jade stopped short. "Did you just say you're going to track werewolves on a full moon?"

"Yep."

She looked at Damon with disbelief. "You do know about your horrible luck with werewolves, yes? Are you trying to get yourself bitten a second time?"