let ourselves

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

Stefan had locked himself in his room after the previous day's events. The door hadn't opened, even past eight a.m.

Elena, Damon, Jade and Alex all sit outside the room.

"What about a battering ram?" Jade asks.

Alex shakes his head. "Won't fit up the stairs."

"Should we slide another note under the door?" Elena asks.

"Nah, he'd just ignore it."

"I can always cause a...controlled explosion."

Damon glares at her. "I don't know what kind of deal you had with Zach, but you are not burning my house down."

"Okay," Jade gets up and pulls Damon by the arm. "Break down the door."

"What did I just say?"

Jade hits Damon against the door repeatedly. Damon frees himself from her grasp and leans against it. "Would you stop? I—"

The door opens. Damon falls inside the room.

"Hello, Damon." Stefan looks at the three of them. "Was I not being obvious enough? I need some time alone."

"Were you not alone in there?" Jade asks, making her way into the room. "Alright! It's time for your first dose."

She places a glass of blood on Stefan's bed. "Special delivery."

"Whose is it?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. I nicked a couple of blood bags from the blood drive last week. Let's hope it'll be enough for a few weeks. Also Damon mixed in some of the uh...animal blood."

Stefan looks at it for a second before downing it. "Okay. Are we done? Get out of my house."

"So rude."

Stefan gives her a look. "What's rude is talking about me right outside my door. You know I could hear you guys right?"

Damon had explained, with various hand gestures, about the whole Stefan turning him into a vampire thing. It was an interesting story, and it was just another small fragment of Stefan's life. Jade had a feeling there was a lot of the story they were yet to find out about.

"That's why we were outside the door. We wanted you to hear how concerned we were."

"Yeah, I'm sure."

‧₊˚ ☁️⋅♡𓂃 ࣪ ִֶָ☾.

The next time they meet, it's under less happier circumstances. Apparently, Elena's birth mother, Isobel had shown up and threatened Alaric. Then she'd met Elena, and apparently she was a huge bitch. She was demanding a device that Damon had, and Damon was not happy about it. Unfortunately Jeremy had been kidnapped, and she'd threatened to hurt him if the device wasn't handed over.

"Absolutely not!"

"Just hear me out."

"I'm not gonna give the device to Isobel so she could give it to John who is going to turn it to kill me. I like being a living dead person."

"Bonnie's going to unspell it. Then it'll be useless."

"Oh, Bonnie is, is she? I don't trust her. I'll get Jeremy in my own way."

"Really? How are you going to do that? Because Isobel is a vampire and Jeremy could be dead the second you walk in the door."

"Honestly, I don't think she's going to hurt Jeremy," Alex says. Everyone turns to him. "I mean... he's the insurance right? The second he dies, there won't be anything to hold against Elena. So..."