keep making me laugh

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

Jade had been transported to her own bed sometime during the late hour, courtesy of Stefan. It was past ten when she walk up to a commotion downstairs.

There was a loud crash at first, and then a lot of screaming. Jade groaned. So much for going somewhere remote.

She put on a robe and wrapped it tightly around herself. Then grabbed a wolfsbane as well as vervain grenade since she had no idea who was currently trying to attack them.

She saw one of the werewolves from the group that had kidnapped them and froze. Stefan's voice shook her out of her reverie.

"Jade!"

She pulled the pin from the grenade and tossed it at the wolf before the wolf could come any closer. He screamed, and Stefan rushed over to him and ripped out his heart just as he dropped to his knees.

Stefan cleaned the blood off his hand and turned to her slowly. "Jade?"

Jade balled her hand into a fist to stop it from shaking. It didn't work. Stefan grabbed her hand and rubbed his own over it soothingly.

"It's okay. He's dead. He can't hurt you."

She nodded. He was dead. She could see that with her own eyes.

Movement from the door drew their attention and they saw Tyler Lockwood.

Jade's eyes blazed with hatred. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry about the other night. I didn't think they would hurt you."

"Well, what did you think? That they'd sit us down on fancy couches and we'd have a nice little chat over tea? How stupid are you?"

"I know, I know. I'm just really sorry. For both you and Caroline."

"Rip his heart out next," Jade tells Stefan. "Or tell me how to do it and I'll do it myself."

Tyler turned tail and walked out.

Jade put her head in her hand and took a few deep breaths before turning to Stefan. "Why exactly were the werewolves here?"

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

A lot of things had gone down while she was asleep.

Mostly everyone has headed back to their homes. Bonnie, Caroline and Jeremy had apparently somehow tortured the information out of Luka, the witch who was working with Elijah. And they had discovered that Elijah intended to sacrifice Elena in the ritual all along.

Damon had tried to kill Elijah and failed, and then Jules had tried to kill Damon for the moonstone and he'd been saved by Elijah.

Elena and Stefan had been attacked by the werewolf Jade had just seen. Tyler had been on their side until he found out that Elena had to die in the ritual to break the curse.

And now Stefan was shouting at Elena.

"What do you mean, you knew that you weren't gonna survive this?"

"I know the deal I made, Stefan. Elijah's very careful with his words. He promised to protect my friends. He never said a word about me.

Jade looks at the girl in disbelief. "How could you possibly agree to that?"

"If it comes down to the people that I love getting killed or me, I know what my choice is gonna be."

And really, what could Jade say in response to that? She'd have done the same thing if it came down to choosing between herself and Caroline or her mother or anyone else she loved.