don't make me cry

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

The second Caroline and Jade had discovered that their father was in town, they'd left it immediately.

Apparently Tyler had invited him to town for his help breaking the sire bond with Klaus. Jade had no idea what exactly the two of them were doing, but she didn't really want to know.

Bonnie had been having recurring dreams about the four coffins, and about Klaus, which pointed their group to Abby Bennett. Bonnie's mother.

Elena had blatantly lied to Stefan about what they were doing, telling him that they'd be going to the lake house, while they actually went to meet Bonnie's mother.

Stefan had tried to drive Elena off of Wickery Bridge. Needless to say, none of them really cared much about hurting his feelings at the moment.

Elena and Bonnie went in the house, while her and Caroline waited in their own car a small distance away. They'd been in enough situations like this to know it was only a matter of time before something went horribly wrong.

"So. About Stefan."

"No," Jade says immediately.

"Yes! We have to talk about this!"

"I'd rather talk about Klaus, honestly."

Caroline looks a bit guilty. "What?"

"Come on! You were being weird after he left last night. Obviously we're all suspicious."

"Who is we?"

"Me, mom, Bonnie." Jade didn't look at Caroline when she continued. "Alex, Damon, Elena, Je—"

She groans. "Why does everybody know?"

"Well... nearly all of us were at the house last night. It shouldn't have taken him more than a minute to give you his blood and yet you two were in there for fifteen."

"We...talked."

Jade gives her a look. "You talked. With Klaus."

"Let's get back to Stefan."

"No. Out of sight, out of mind."

Caroline squints at somewhere in the space ahead of them. "Whose car do you think that is?"

Jade looks at the red car and her eyes widened. "Stefan's."

They see Elena leaving the house and going somewhere away.

Caroline gave her a look. "Do you want to take this, or should I?"

Jade opens the door. "I'll go. You stay on Bonnie and Abby."

Jade looks at the red car for a second before rushing towards the back of the house, to where she'd seen Elena going. She stops when Elena does, in a barn.