he's a fucking renegade

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧

Jade is rudely woken up by her alarm at five am the next morning. She immediately turns it off and goes back to sleep.

Five minutes later, her phone starts ringing. She sees Elena's name and groans.

She picks up. "Elena, I know you faced Klaus and are still alive, but I'm thinking about changing that."

Elena's voice is way too energetic at the ungodly time she'd chosen to wake Jade up. "Come on, get dressed! I'm already on my way."

Great.

Jade had never brushed, showered and gotten dressed faster. She and Elena were in the woods with Alex and Alaric, and the latter was helping them learn how to kill a vampire.

Alaric demonstrates how to use one of the weapons. "So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes."

"Easy enough." Elena tries but the stakes stay in the sleeve. "That's weird."

Elena tries to hit the dummy, but the stakes don't work. She frowns at her hands. "Must be jammed or something."

"Here, let me," says Jade, taking her place. She patted the dummy's chest. "Just imagine that the dummy is the hybrid piece of shit that compelled Stefan to turn his humanity off."

She punched the dummy, and the stakes went into its chest on the first try. "Hell yeah! Okay, Elena. Your turn again."

Elena glares at the dummy for a minute. Then she punches it, and this time it works. Jade does a little cheer, while Alaric just gives one singular nod.

Elena shakes her hand and frowns. "I think I pulled a muscle or something."

"Don't be ridiculous Elena," Jade says, giving her a smirk, "you can't pull what you don't have."

Elena glares at her.

Alex goes next, and it works easily. He easily punches three more times and Jade rolls her eyes. "Show off."

Alaric is unexpectedly stricter than usual and gives them a long speech about how their only advantage when it comes to a vampire is the element of surprise. He's technically right, but she supposed he could have been nicer about it.

He pulls the pin from a grenade and tosses it to Elena. "Surprise."

Elena tossed it to Alex, who panicked and tossed it to Jade, and she finally threw it in the trees where it exploded.

"What the hell Ric?!"

Alaric just shrugged. "You'll have to learn one way or another."

"I can't believe it took us this long to learn all this," Alex comments, "we should have started this the second we knew there were vampires in town."