59) And We Call Ourselves, The Squad

A/N: I made this^ please complement it because it took forever and I don't love it. I feel like I could have done better, but this was my second attempt lmao. Also, this is a long chapter. 

Nico took a deep breath before he stepped into the shadows and appeared in front of the Young Justice team. He had told them to meet him in the middle of some national park that Grover had recommended. Apparently it was closed to the public for maintenance and the workers had off on the weekends, so there would be no one else around.

"Did you bring us here to kill us?" Artemis asked with a smirk as soon as she saw the demigod.

"Not this time," Nico said with a chuckle as he took off the hood off of his costume.

Megan looked around. "Why did you ask us to be here? The Bioship didn't sense anyone in the area."

Nico pulled out his phone, checking the time before nodding and pointing towards the eastward sky.

"Why are you pointing..." Traci's voice died in her throat as a flying golden ship entered their field of vision. "What the hell is that?!"

The team immediately looked tense, excluding his brothers, probably thinking it was an alien invasion.

"That, my dear friends, is my team," Nico said as he watched the ship fly lower, slowing down as it approached. "I thought it was high time you met them." 

Bart's jaw dropped. "They finished it?"

Wally looked between Bart and the ship. "Finished what? Did you know about this?"

Nico chuckled. "This ship is legendary among my— or I guess I should say our— people. This is the third version overall, and second that Tech has made."

The flying ship came to a halt, still hovering a solid 50 ft above the ground, before ropes dropped from the sides.

"Congratulations Team, you are the first heroes to officially meet my team."

The team jumped back as Nico's friends began jumping off the ship, using the ropes to slow down their descent before tucking and rolling. Each popped up, moving to stand behind Nico.

"Holy shit," Jaime muttered under his breath, the rest of the proteges nodding in agreement.

Once everyone had landed safely on the ground, Nico smiled.

Will and Leo stepped forward first.

"As I'm sure most of you remember, I'm Surgeon," Will said, giving them a wave.

Leo was bouncing with excitement. "And I'm Technician. I know what you're all thinking, 'wow, all of their outfits look so cool and that ship is amazing.' And as a response, I would like to say that yes, I made them both."

Calypso stepped forward, punching him in the shoulder.

"Along side my girlfriend, Titaness, of course," he said with a nervous laugh as he rubbed his shoulder. "She helped design and make the suits. Plus, my siblings and I made the ship together."

"That's better," Calypso said, putting her arm around Leo's shoulders.

Hazel stepped forward next. "Hi again, I'm Hazel— or Gem, I guess— just in case you forgot, and this is my boyfriend, Beast."

The team gaped as Frank stepped forward, putting an arm around her shoulder. It made sense that they were shocked considering he was over a full foot taller than her and massive. He gave a small wave.

Percy and Annabeth stepped forward next. "I'm Riptide, I kind of met a few of you before— though I don't know if me showing up after a battle, talking to no one, and then leaving with Nico counts as meeting," he said, rubbing the back in his neck.