30) Bad Bitch Things

A/N: as promised, she long

"Police were called at 11pm last night in Star City after, known solo vigilante, Ghost King reported that he ran yet another successful Meta Trafficking bust. Officials say that they were able to take 37 alleged traffickers into custody along with getting photographic proof of the operation they were running," the news woman said. "Though sightings of Ghost King are rare, photos reveal that he might not be working along. An on location reporter, who was able to get near him during the apprehension of the traffickers, reported that he spoke through his comms and referred to his on site partners as Archer, Surgeon, and Technician. They also reported that Ghost King referred to another person by the name of Titaness, though it seemed as though they were not on scene. These vigilantes seems to be taking action where the Justice League either cannot or will not. The only real questions are who are they, how many of them are there, and what will they do next."

The TV turned off and all eyes were on the demigod.

"Would you believe me if I said that it was CGI?"

Bruce stared at Nico, pinching the bridge of his nose. "No. I would not believe it was CGI."

"Deep fakes?"

Nightwing raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you know about either of those things?"

Nico shrugged. "I have been spending a lot of time with Leo the last few weeks."

"And why exactly is that?" Bruce asked, sitting down at the conference table.

Nico groaned as he slouched in his seat. "No reason."

"Tell us what you are planning DiAngelo," Damon said as he crossed his arms.

Tim rested his arms on the table and leaned forward slightly. "We can help you. You just have to tell us what's going on."

"I personally think you're doing great," Jason said as he gave the demigod a thumbs up, only stopping when Dick slapped his bicep.

Nico rolled his eyes as he sat back up. They were in the watchtower, for yet another disciplinary hearing, and were only granted a private room to discuss because Bruce scarred most people in the League too much for them to refuse.

"I'm not telling you, not right now at least. There are too many moving parts at the moment and we can't risk anything happening to set us back."

"Who is we?" Dick asked as he glanced at the clock on the wall, knowing their time was almost up.

A knock sounded from the door, saving Nico.

"I have been sent to retrieve you," Kaldur's voice sounded from the intercom.

Nico grabbed his domino mask out him his pocket and secured it to his face before walked to the door. He glanced back at his family, making sure they too had put their masks back on, and then opened the door.

"Nice to see you again Aquala— I mean Aquaman. I'm still it used to that," Nico said as he followed the Atlantean down the hallways, his family whispering to each other a few steps behinds them.

Kaldur chuckled. "I am afraid that I too am not used to it either. It was a great honor to take over the mantle, however I cannot help but feel as though I am out of place among the Leaguers."

Nico smirked slightly. "Guess you're feeling like a fish out of water."

The man chuckled. "In deed."

They arrived at the main meeting room and yet again, Nico took an open seat at the head of the table while Kaldur and his family all went to their own places.