67) Look at them straights... couldn't be me

A/N: sorry this one is really short, but I'm in NY for a funeral rn and I didn't have time to combine that chapters

-Bruce POV-

"No Bart, he cannot declare war on Lex Luthor," Bruce said as he ran a hand over his face. "You know where he is from, you've literally been there."

Bart scoffed. "Yeah, but that was before I realized Ghostie Boy was royalty."

Percy laughed, along with the other demigods, before he said, "The royalty thing doesn't really count for anything with the other dem-" he cut himself with a cough. "descendants."

Annabeth elbowed him in the side before looking back at the heroes (and Selina) who didn't know the secret. "Percy, Hazel, and Jason are all technically royalty. They are all children of kings, however we don't really look at them that way."

"The kings don't see themselves as kings?" Jon asked, clearly confused.

"Oh, no, the kings see themselves as kings. We just don't really see their kids as royalty," Piper said with a laugh.

Reyna nodded. "Where we are from, we see each other as equals. Granted, there is some hierarchy of rank, but that is more about skills, age, and, in Frank and I's case, being elected."

Iris' face returned on the TV. Bruce quickly unmuted it as she began to steak. Originally he was going to pay attention to it, but Selina motioned for him to meet him in the hallway.

The man quickly excused himself and stepped out, followed closely by the woman.

"You never said your newest kid was a royal," she said with a playful smirk.

Bruce chuckled lightly. "Like his friends said, they don't really count it. If I had to list all the notable things about Nico, I highly doubt I would even remember to list it."

Selina smiled at him. "I enjoy hearing you talk about your children. It makes it hard to believe you could ever be the big bad Bat."

"It took me too long to realize, but they are the ones that mattered most," Bruce said with a soft smile as he glanced back into the room at the group.

Selina looked into the room, but her eyes went to the TV. "Looks like he'll be back soon. Should I go?"

Bruce looked back at her and was silent. Part of him wanted to say yes. Nico was doing so well recently and he didn't know how the teen would react to the news of him seeing someone. Sure, Nico was very mature for his age and probably wouldn't care, but he didn't want to chance it. The other part of his wanted to say no and let his two worlds collide. Yes, his other kids knew about it, but Nico was the final person and kind of the last thing standing in the way of them being fully together. Selina and him had always had a complicated relationship, but it felt more steady now. They had both grown since the last time they were together.

Bruce took in a sharp breath before opening his mouth. He didn't know what he was going to say, but the word, "No," left his mouth and he couldn't find it in himself to regret it after seeing the way she smiled at him.

Selina nodded, reaching up to lightly kiss his cheekbone, before saying, "then I'll stay. If you change your mind or need me to leave, just let me know. The last thing I want is to come between you and your children— though it seems like you have quite the collection now."

Bruce smiled. "I will be the first to admit, five is a lot-"

Selina laughed and gestured to the room full of teens. "Seems like a lot more than five. Sure, they might not be your children, but I can tell you care about them all."

Bruce couldn't deny it. He had only met Nico's friends a few times, but he would die for those kids. After all, they would do the same for his son. 

A/N: not to flex or anything, but this is my third funeral this year. I'm basically a pro

Vote. Comment. Tell me if you like snow cones (I dont like cold food, but snow cones are the exception)