Life in an orphanage

Y/n's Pov
As the kitchen door closed Ms. Koldrick let go and she glared at both of us and said: "There is a couple and they might want to adopt. So you better behave and get the children to behave. I don't want to send the couple home without a kid. So you better don't break somebody's nose." At the last sentence she pointed her finger at me. We nodded and we parted our ways.

We went into the living area and saw the couple on the couch, Ms Koldrick went up to them and told them something about the house and how many children live here. Ms. Koldrick told us afterwards to get every child down and into the living room. As Sue and I got every kid downstairs and sorted into age order, the couple said: "We are looking for a girl and she has to be older than 12." I was surprised that they wanted a child older than 12, normally people want younger children, so they can start at a beginning. Every boy and young girl left and 6 girls were left, including me and Sue.

The couple had the idea to have a chat with each of us. To get us to know them and them to know us.
We started with the youngest and I was the last one.

When I came to them they asked a few questions about my hobbies, interests, school and family background. They seemed to be happy about my answers and told me that the woman of the couple played violin as well when she was younger. That made me happy and I began to like the couple.

I was wondering the whole time about it, so I asked them: "Why do you want a girl over 12 and not younger? Nobody wants that." The couple looked at each other and the man said: "My wife travels much and I have to work much, so we wanted a child who first can take her of herself and second who can help with household chores: cook, clean, wash."

I may be a bit peranoid but to me it seems like they need another housewife. Like the man can't cook for himself and you have to do everything, while she's away.
I just smiled and nodded to their answer.

I left the room after the chat with them and went up in my room to talk to Sue. When I walked inside I saw her spread out on her bed looking up at the ceiling.

She looked at me and said: "You played well today. Are you going to invite someone to the concert?" "Thank you and I don't think so, do you?" I responded and she told me: "I could maybe invite my friend but I don't think that she wants to come. We both laughed but were soon interrupted by Jeremiah, a boy at the age of 12, he told us to come back downstairs.

After a few minutes every girl came back in and they told us that they already have a favorite.
"We would like to take.... Y/n" the couple said while looking at me. My eyes went wide and I saw other girls being disappointed.
Ms. Koldrick looked at me and I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to. I don't want to be a housewife. I can't cook. I'm not over my mum. I don't want a new one. I don't want to be with strangers. I just... don't want to go with them.

After a few minutes of silence I asked nervously: "Can I think about it?" Ms. Koldricks face went from a fake smile to a mad expression. The couple nodded and said that they will be back on Saturday.

The couple left and Ms. Koldrick began yelling at me. Everybody left the living room except me and Ms Koldrick. She was furious, telling me that I'll probably never get adopted or a new family, and that hit hard. I didn't know why I didn't want to. I just didn't. All of a sudden I felt a slap against my cheek.

---
Don't know how exactly it works in an orphanage. But just roll with it for the story, please ;-)