Progress

Ashley's Pov
When Lizzie came back to the car, I drove back on the street. "eLiZaBeTh, do you know the address?" I said with a mischievous smirk and my sister just looked over to me and shook her head with a smile. "The address is (🫣just think of something)."

I typed it into google maps on my phone and started the route, it took around 35 minutes until we halted at our destination. We went inside to meet the woman from child service that we called a few days ago.

We walked over to her office and took a seat in her office. She sat down and asked: "So, what can I help you with?" "One of us wants to take a child in." Lizzie said and she asked: "Foster or adopt?" "For the beginning fostering but later adoption." I answered. "Alright which orphanage or group home does the child live in and what's their name?" the woman asked and I said: "Ms Koldrick's orphanage and her name is Y/n Y/l/n " she nodded and typed on her computer. She had access to Y/n's file and other records. "So her mother is your sister?" she asked and Lizzie and I both nodded. "She likes to get in trouble, I see." she spoke her thoughts out loud and continued: "She has some records about getting in fights at school, breaking a boys nose, knife attack and it goes on." Confused and worried I looked over to Lizzie and she shared my look and me being curios I asked: "What else did she do? Who did she attack?" "isn't mentioned, that's classified, I guess." She answered to my second question.

"So, to foster a child, you have to
have a place to live, a job that is verified, you have to make enough money to pay for the child, criminal list, marriage and future plan. Have you thought about, who will adopt the girl?" She repeated the things that she mentioned on the phone call and we shook our heads to her question.

"I can get out for a few minutes and you can talk about it. I have to make a call anyway" the woman said and me and my sister agreed and she left.

I know that Lizzie wanted to have company at home, she doesn't like that she lives alone and I know that she wants to have a daughter. But she always worries about having a child because she has to travel and work much and doesn't have time to take care of a baby. So I think that Y/n would be a perfect fit.

I wouldn't mind taking her in as well, I would love to. But I always feel like that I don't know what to do with children. My mothers focus was more on Lizzie after she was born, which I don't mind because I had Mary on the journey with me. I'm not mad at Lizzie for the attention she got, because it isn't her fault and she did have some problems while growing up. And she turned out as a lovely person, I wouldn't know what I would do without her. For work, I travel much and have many people over. I work on designs with the buyer and not alone. So there are days where I am not home or there 10 other people home with me.

Lizzie was nervously fidgeting with her hands and having that worried and scared look. Lost in thoughts. After I gathered my thoughts, I said to my little sister: "Lizzie, you can take her in. I think it would be better that way." "Really? You sure? I mean I would love to... I... but you... " Lizzie stumbled and I cut her off: "You'll do great and I'm sure of that. She can visit me anytime and I can come over as well. She won't be alone, she will be with you. And I'm probably not allowed anyway because of my history with drugs." She made a sad smile and nodded.

Shortly after Lizzie thanked me for the third time, the woman came back in. "So? Do you have an answer?" she asked. "I will take her in." Lizzie announced with a big smile. "Good." she answered with a thumbs up.
"I will get the rest of the information from your file and after I gathered the important information, I'll give your case to the boss. You should expect a response in the upcoming week." she informed us and we thanked her and said our goodbyes.

Lizzie and I went out of her office and I gave her a side hug. Proud of my little sis.

----
Sooo, not 100% sure how it works. It has to be that way, so that the story makes sense