Similarities

Lizzie's Pov
I was so relieved and excited when I heard her answer. I looked around the room for a second and saw not much, there were only a few books on the table, a duck plushie behind her on the bed, a backpack with a few key chains, moving boxes and a phone with a picture of Y/n and MK. A smile formed on my face because both my sister and her looked very happy on the photo.

"You look so much like your mom." Ashley said. Y/n's cheeks became lightly pink and she answered: "Thank you, you too." Ashley laughed. Before I could ask a question, the woman from downstairs came in again and said: "Times up." We three stood up and she left the room. "Can I give you my number?" I asked she nodded and picked up the phone with the picture and I gave her my number.

She walked us to the door and as we walked away from the building, we looked back at her and she waved to us. We got in the car and drove away.

Y/n's Pov
Freddy came outside running to me and said: "You know the Scarlet Witch wants to see you!!!" Freddy is amazed by Marvel and so was I. My mother showed it to me. I smiled at the little boy and nodded. He ran away probably back to his room and I made my way to the entrance.
On my way there I was very nervous. I've never met my mother's family. I was surprised that they were here and I was unsure what they would want.

My mom wasn't too happy about them. She once told me, as I asked her about her family, that she broke contact with them after a fight with her parents. She said that she loves her family but she thinks that they don't love her back or they would've accepted her decision. I asked her two or three years ago what she misses most about her family and she answered her sisters Elizabeth and her twin Ashley. She told me sometimes stories about her family but never the reason why she left.

As I entered the building I asked myself what they would want here.
...
The conversation with them made me happy. While I was with them it felt a bit like family again and Ashley was much like my mum. Not only do they look a like (surprise with twins! 😃) but they dress the same and talk the same and Elizabeth's smile is just like my mothers: warm and welcoming.
During the conversation, I noticed Elizabeth smiling while staring at something. When I followed her eyes, I saw that she was looking at the picture in my phone case. It was a picture of me and my mother 2 years ago on a trip to Disney Land.

Soon Ms. Koldrick walked in, she runs the orphanage and told us that the time is up. I hate that woman, always in a bad mood and screams at everyone. Sometimes this place feels like a prison, everything you do is controlled or tracked. When I got home she yelled at me for straight an hour, telling me how stupid, irresponsible and childish it was to hit the boy in the face for such a "ridiculous" reason.

Elizabeth gave me her number. As they left I waved at them, with hopes that I will see them again. The moment I walked back inside I got pulled by my arm into the kitchen. As Ms. Koldrick let go of me she told me to do the dishes and left. A beast, that woman.

While I was washing the dishes Sina came in and took some plates and knives to setup the table.
Everybody from the orphanage ate dinner. Here live around 25 children plus Ms. Koldrick. She runs the thing here, sometimes there are other caretakers here but they don't stay long because they get treated like shit by Ms. Koldrick. I don't really know much about these children. Probably only their names and ages. Nobody really talks, everybody is to fight for  themself.

After everybody ate a bit, there wasn't much food - sometimes I went to bed starving, we cleared the table and left to our room.

Sou, a girl from Asia - I think, shares a room with me. We aren't really close, we talk yes but not about deep things. She was here before me and goes to the same school as me.

---
Yeah 🤠