Before we go

⚠️ talking about death

Lizzie's Pov
The lady from child services asked: "Y/n, do you want Elizabeth Olsen to foster you?" My heart stopped, too nervous to hear her answer.
It felt like ages before her face lit up, got teary eyes, nodded and said: "Yes, yes please."
She signed the paper and stood up, I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her small body. She copied my movements and I rocked us lightly from side to side.

It was a wonderful feeling, I never expected to feel something like that. To have someone, someone to protect.

We parted after a minute or two, I wiped some tears from her face with my thumbs and I thanked the lady.
"When can we leave?" Y/n asked eagerly and I laughed at her excitement and told her: "Whenever you're ready. Would you like some help with packing?" She nodded and grabbed my hand and lead me to her room.

I was sitting on the ground with her backpack infont of me and she was handing me her things. Sorting everything out of shelves and from her table. She handed me the turtle and her duck. I admired them for a second and then put them in her rucksack.

We finished packing but there were still the moving boxes, so I asked her: "What is in these boxes?" She looked at the boxes and then at me and explained to me: "In some of these boxes is stuff from my mother and in some there are things of mine that I never unpacked." I nodded and she put her backpack on, took 2 boxes and I did the same.

We got everything out to the car and she said goodbye to Ms. Koldrick and to a little girl.

We left and she was satisfied and she asked, where Ashley was and I said: "She really wanted to be here but she had to have an important discussion. We'll pick her up now and after we can go eat somewhere or start heading to the airport already."
She nodded with a pleased smile and we drove for around 10 minutes and halted outside of the hotel, where Ashley and I stayed. I loosened (?) my seatbelt and said to Y/n: "I will go inside get mine and Ash's suitcases and Ashley, ok?" She nodded and asked: "Do you need help with anything?" I smiled at that, she was so polite. I shook my head and told her that it'll only take 5 minutes.

Ashley and I came back outside and she got out of the car.
Ashely ran up to her and pulled her into a tight hug. She pulled away for a second and asked: "Did you say yes?" She nodded and grinned. Ashley hugged her again and kissed her head.

Ashley was getting into the driver seat and Y/n was opening the door to the seats in the back and I said: "You can sit in the front, you know. I don't mind." She smiled but said that she is happy to sit in the back. We both took our seats, me in the front row and she in the back.

I suggested that we make our way straight to the airport and eat something there. They both agreed but Y/n asked: "Before we leave Pierz can we make one last stop?"
Me and Ashley nodded and she gave us an address, it was a small flower shop.

She went inside and we followed. Y/n knew exactly where to go, so I assumed that she has been here before.
She went to the back where you can put your own bouquet together. She picked up three lilies.
And by now I think I know what was about to happen.

She walked to the counter and greeted the florist.
He responded: "It is lovely to see you Y/n. The flowers are on the house." She made a cute little pout and protested: "You always do that Joe. At least let me pay for them once?!" "No can do, Y/n." he responded with a grin. She looked at him and said: "Thank you, Joe. You are very kind." He nodded and said goodbye.

As we left the store Y/n gave a flower to Ashley and to me and said: "These are-" Ashley and I interrupted her at the same time and said: "MK's favorite." We all smiled at that and she started walking.
After a two minute walk we were standing outside of a grave yard. I looked over to Ashley to see how she is doing. She had a distant smile on her face. It wasn't big or obvious, but it was there. I think the time here with Y/n made her happy again, I think even tho we lost MK we still got a bit back and also something new.

We walked up to a grave and on it was written her name. Not Mary Kate Y/l/n but Mary Kate Olsen. And I am not sure if they got divorced because Y/n still has her fathers name but if they weren't divorced then I think it was Y/n's doing to put 'Olsen' on the grave. It made me smile.
There were flowers craved into the grave stone and on it was written her birth date and death date.
And on it was written: "Let God take you to Paradise, Mama."
This made me cry, because of the thought that Y/n had to decide how to design her mother's gravestone with being only 14 or 13 years old. The world is cruel. I don't know how she still stands.

Ashley and I were standing in the back while Y/n was lying the flowers down and speaking a quiet prayer I think or maybe just some words for her mother or both.

Ashley came a step closer to me. We exchanged a look. She gave me a sad smile when she saw my tears.
To tell me that it'll be alright she took my hand in both of her hands and squeezed lightly.

After five minutes or so Y/n moved back and made space for me and Ashley.
When I was standing there, I only thought of Mary, my memories with her and what a wonderful person she was.

Ashley's Pov
Standing in front of her grave finished a chapter in me. It didn't fill the empty spot but it cleared it for new. Mary will always be in my heart, I will love her till the end of my life. I hope that where she is now, is better, just like Paradise.

I took a long and deep breath taking everything in. I loved how her grave was made. It was made with love and it was made by Y/n. The engraved sentence made my heart jump, it was honest, full of love and beautiful.

I put down the flower after Lizzie had put down hers and joined Y/n.
I said a final goodbye to Mary and wiped a tear away.

I walked to Y/n and embraced her in a hug. "It's beautiful, Y/n." I quietly said to her. I held out a hand for Lizzie, so she could join the hug. She came into the hug and embraced me and Y/n.
When we hugged and a light breeze of wind came, it felt right. Maybe she was here, right at that moment and hugging us too.

---
There are so many things that are going to happen in this story. This is only the beginning.