Calls and Performances

Ashley's Pov
Our niece handed Lizzie and me a flyer. The title said "Music concert at the Red-Stuart Middleschool"
On paper was also mentioned that it will be on Friday at 7 p.m. and only for family members. I was really excited that she saw us as family.

"Of course only if you have time and want to. You really don't have to if you don't want to. I just..." Y/n trembled nervously. I looked at Lizzie and she nodded so I said: "We would love to!!" Y/n stopped trembling and looked up at us. Her eyes were full of surprise and she asked of excitement: "Really?" A big smile formed on her face as she saw Lizzie nodding.

We ended the evening with eating a bit of the baguette and then we drove her home. Lizzie and I got out of the car and waved at her, while she went inside.

Lizzie and I got into the car and back to the hotel. We changed into sleeping clothes. Lizzie read a book and I was down at the bar and got us two drinks. As I entered the room, Lizzie put the book down and took one of the cocktails. I took the flyer from Y/n and sat down on the bed.

I looked at Lizzie with a big grin and showed it to her. I said: "You know, Y/n invited us to the concert, right? But the concert is only for family members. Soooo Y/n sees us as family!!" Lizzie smiled and said: "That's sweet! I'm happy that she invited us! I am excited to see her play." "YES! She'll play violin, right?" I asked and Lizzie nodded.

It maybe isn't much and it is clear that we are family, because we are related. But there is a difference in being related and being family. Being related is made and being family is chosen. You choose who you want to call family.

Thursday
Ashley's Pov
Lizzie and I made a call today. We called someone from child services. The woman informed us about adopting a child. She said: "It is not too difficult to adopt a child, when it lives in an orphanage. There will come people to check your house to see if it is safe for children, ask about job, money, marriage and future plans, some background of your life, criminal list and experiences with children as an example having a child already or working in a kindergarden or so. If the child is over 14, it is allowed to choose to live with you and it has to confirm her/his decision. After the kid moved in with you there will come people over to check on her. Once a month or so. If you don't have experiences with children and your partner has none as well or you don't have a partner, you can only get her as a foster kid, and after a few weeks you can adopt her."

Friday
Lizzie's Pov
Me and Ashley parked the car on the parking lot. We left the parking space and went to the entrance of the school, there we saw our niece and a girl, who looks like someone who as Asian roots. They're standing there and welcoming all the people. We went up to them and Y/n grinned and said: "Hi, welcome. Happy that you were able to come!"
"Happy to be here. Can't wait to see you on stage." Ashley said. Y/n's cheeks got a bit redder and she was called inside for a rehearsal. I searched for a place to sit and lead my sister there. We sat in the seventh row.

It began with different music groups, first guitarists and then others and at last there was Y/n. She came on stage, with the violin in hand. She wore a green dress wich suited her small and delicate body. She looked beautiful.

She got in position and started to play, I soon discovered that it was 'Carol of the Bells' . She played very good, it sounded majestic and pretty. She has talent. Ashley whispered over to me: "She is good, it sounds amazing and even tho she has to perform on her own." I nodded and when she finished the audience stood up and applauded.

----
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Can't wait for 'Agatha all along", I hope sooooo damn much, that Wanda will be in there!!