I love Ducks!! 🦆

Y/n's Pov
My cheek was burning from the slap. Ms. Koldrick was hovering over me and telling me: "You better listen, brat, when I talk. You can day dream later." I didn't do anything, I didn't say anything, I didn't move. So she roughly grabbed my face, my chin with one hand and looked me in the eyes and said: "You better make the right decision. Think about it hard, because you have either the option to go with them or I will tell the child service that I don't want rats like you." I nodded, my eyes slightly welling with tears and as she let go, I ran upstairs into the bathroom and closed the door.

Hell. I don't want go with them, but I don't want to stay and I also don't want to get packed in another random family or in a group home.
As I was sitting on the floor with my back to the door, tears slipped from my eyes. My heart was pleading for my mother and her comfort.

-- time skip --

Y/n's Pov
Today was Wednesday, school was pretty normal, we had the basic classes. In the last lesson we talked a bit about the music concert. A girl called Lyla asked: "Can everybody come or only our parents?" The teacher answered: "Well, it is not supposed to be a big concert but you can invite everyone from your family: siblings, parents, grandparents etc." (do you use etc. where you're from? Do you know what it means? It means like "and other/more" or so)

I wasn't planning on inviting anybody, but now I think I maybe ask if my aunts want to come. They are probably busy or not interested, but rather ask someone than admit that I have no one to ask.

The last bell rang and I went outside and got a flyer on the way for the music concert. I put it in my bag and went to the car. As I went inside I was met with two smiles and a hello. Right that moment, I smiled. Their company made me happy.

Lizzie started to find a way out of the parking lot and Ashley looked back at me from the passenger seat and asked: "Are you hungry, honey?" "A bit maybe, but not much" I answered. I was hungry but I didn't want to burden them.
"How about we halt at a small bakery and get a croissant or so?" Ashley asked and I told her: "Sounds good."

We started to drive and soon parked outside a bakery. We went inside and sat down at a table in a corner.
I looked at the "menu" and shortly after a waitress came and asked for our order. Lizzie ordered a bagel, Ashley ordered 3 little Macarons and I got a croissant. What confused me was that Lizzie also ordered a small baguette in a bag, to take it with us.

While we were eating, Ashley told me something about, her and my mum designing together, on my request. I loved listening to stories about my Ma.

After we finished, Lizzie payed and we got into the car again and Ashley drove to a park. We got out and walked for around 20 minutes. All of a sudden we 'stumbled' upon a small lake with ducks. I ran over like a little child, but I didn't care. I love ducks!! I heard Ashley and Lizzie giggling behind me. I was standing near the water and Lizzie and Ashley walked next to me, each on one side. "I LOVE DUCKS!" I mentioned full of excitement. "I thought so, since you had that little stuffed duck on your bed." I smiled at her and Ashley handed me a peace of the baguette. Now I know what the baguette is for. I smiled at her and took a small peace of the baguette and threw it to a duck. Ashley and Lizzie sat down on grass and so did I. They took pieces of the baguette as well and fed the ducks.

Lizzie's Pov
I loved seeing her that happy. She was smiling from ear to ear. I looked over at Ashley and she was happy too. After 20 minutes feeding them, the ducks went away and Y/n turned around and we sat in a triangle. We talked about me being Wanda, after Y/n confessed that she is a fan of the Marvel movies. I made her confess after I saw a little Scarlet Witch key chain hanging from her backpack.

Y/n also told us a little about school. She said that she sometimes gets in trouble and that she isn't to found of school. After that she told us about rehearsals and soon she was pulling a piece of paper out of her bag. She said that she will be a part of it and asked nervously if we wanted to come. I just looked at the paper and then at her.

----
I hope the story makes sense, I feel like it goes too fast, but I'm not sure. Does everything happen too fast?

I love ducks!! 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆