Great Day

Y/n's Pov
I was about to go out of the water only to see Lizzie talking to a man with a camera and sunglasses on. He looked like a typical paparazzi. I decided to not go out of the water.

Lizzie and I hadn't talked about it yet. We hadn't talked about how we will tell the world that her sister the famous Mary-Kate Olsen died and that all she had left was an orphan daughter.
The world wasn't ready to know and I wasn't ready to tell. I don't want to be the kid from a long lost famous fashion designer. I just want to be me, without people sniffing around in my life and judging me.
Everybody would want me to tell, how she died. I couldn't explain what my father did to her. Not even Lizzie or Ashely know. How was I supposed to tell the world?

I stayed a bit longer in the water, swimming a bit but mostly staring at Lizzie and the guy. I saw him walk to his car and driving off. Only then did I decide to walk out to her.

Lizzie's Pov
I looked to my left only to see a man hidden behind a wall taking pictures of me. I looked out to the sea to make sure that Y/n stays inside. Y/n was busy with swimming, so I walked up to the man and asked nicely: "Please leave, this is a private matter." He looked at me pitiful as if my plea was unnecessary, because he had to be here. He soon said: "Miss I'm only doing my job." I got mad at his response and said sternly: "Sir, I am asking you to leave or I'll call the police." I didn't yell but my tone made sure that I was not kidding.

He huffed offended, but he knew that I mean every word. He walked to the car and drove off.
I was staring after his black car making sure that he really drove away.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked snapping me out of my trance. I looked at her and smiled. "I am, don't worry. What about you?" I asked and she nodded and told me that she was cold. We walked back over to the blanket and I gave her a towel. She thanked me and sat down.

I took out a few sandwiches and handed her one. We ate and just looked at the sea.

"What did the man want?" Y/n asked breaking the silence. I told her: "He just wanted some pictures, typical paparazzi." She nodded and questioned: "What made him go away?" I smiled and said: "I told him that I would call the police and he bolted." Y/n laughed and I joined in.

Y/n finished eating and I asked: "Do you want to go in again?" She thought for a moment, but then nodded and asked nervously: "Will you come in too?" She looked at me pleadingly and I couldn't resist, so I smiled and nodded.

We stood up and she grabbed my hand out of excitement. She lead me into the sea and soon I felt cold water surrounding me. "Ohhh is that cold. You could've warned me, Pouty!" She giggled and shook her head. I love her giggles. I walked slowly in further, hugging my belly with my arms to warm it.
"I'm not going in further, damn is that cold." I said, Y/n laughed at that and said: "You're such an old lady!" I made a fake offensive look and because she couldn't stop laughing I splashed her with water. She splashed me back and we continued to do that for around 5 minutes.

Y/n was barely able to stand, only her head looking out while my head and half of my upper body was over the water. Y/n isn't really tall. She was like 15 centimeters smaller than me. Which isn't too surprising, because Mary is already smaller than me and since Y/n is younger and her daughter, means that she is much smaller.

She was trying to get me into the water more and when I refused, she teased me. I got an idea and grinned at her. She stopped smiling and looked at me afraid.
I grabbed her under her armpits, lifted her a bit and threw her back in the water.

She took a moment to get back up and she grinned at me and I knew that she'll get her revenge soon. She came over to me and hugged me. Normally I would love a hug from her but this time she was ice cold and wet.

Her legs were around my waist, her arms over my shoulders and her head was resting on my shoulder. We were standing like that for a few minutes until I walked out of the water with her in my hands. She wasn't heavy and easy to carry because of her size. I let her down on the blanket and she looked at me with a satisfied smile.

After a while we were dry and changed into our normal clothes and packed everything. We drove back home because it was already late and we still have 2 hours to drive.

We drove home and we talked about the day and she said: "It was amazing. I love the beach, I've never been there until today. It was a great day, thank you Lizzie!" She smiled at me and I returned it. I was relieved that she enjoyed today and that she opened up to me as well.

After around 30 minutes of the drive I looked over to see Y/n asleep in the passenger seat. I smiled and continued the drive. I turned the music a bit quieter to not disturb her.

When I parked in front of my house Y/n woke up. We walked out of the car, got our bags and went inside.

We both agreed to have a quick shower to get the salt water off. I finished first and started on dinner, I made spaghetti bolognese and soon Y/n came down to cut some vegetables for a salad.

We ate, cleared the table and soon were sitting in front of the TV, thinking about what to watch. We settled down for minions.

Y/n fell asleep on the couch and after the movie finished, I turned off the TV. I picked her up and carried her upstairs into her room. I tucked her into the bed and kissed her head. I said: "Good night, my love." and walked to the door. I was about to close the door when I heard Y/n mumbling: "night Liz."