Hard week

⚠️ not eating

Y/n's Pov
The week was as any other. Every day was the same: I woke up, went to school, survived school, went home, made homework, helped in the house, took care of the other children, took a shower and went to bed. The only difference from this week to the weeks before was, that Ms. Koldrick kept her promise. I got no food, every time I went to the kitchen she pushed me out or when I came downstairs the plates and pots were empty. I got called down for dinner, only to find no food and to clear the table.

She made me clean the house and take care of the other kids the whole day after school. It was horrible. And if I had refused she would have thrown me out.

Today was Friday and when I woke up I was very dizzy, I could barely stand on my feet anymore. The lack of food from the last 5 days overwhelming me. I was sick.

When I got downstairs with my bag I walked to the front door to leave, before I could Ms. Koldrick spun me around and spat in my face: "The laundry stinks, it wasn't made yesterday!" Before I could answer her she slapped me across the face and yelled: "I want it done the second you get home! Got it?"
I nodded and ran outside, scared of what she would have done if I stayed another second.

I walked into school and went to my first class. School was horrible, I couldn't concentrate and I was feeling dizzy. During my last break, I sprinted to the toilet to throw up, nothing came up but I still had to retch. After around 10 minutes the retching stopped and I dragged my self to the last class. It was French. Normally I would have loved French class, but it reminds me of my mum and after she died I didn't like it anymore.

Lizzie's Pov
Ashley and I wanted to surprise Y/n, so we waited outside of her school after her last lesson. When she saw us she smiled and walked over to us. We embraced her in a hug and got in the car.

Ashley tried to talk to her after a few minutes driving but she didn't answer, I looked back at her through the mirror, she was staring somewhere, she looked sick. I didn't notice earlier because she was full of adrenaline as she saw us, but as it waved off she looked sicker more and more.

Ashley saw as well and looked back and asked: "Y/n? Are you alright? Do you need something?" I could barely hear her answer: "I'm fine." We halted near our destination, it was a river next to a beautiful landscape, we wanted to have a small picnic with her.
Ashley and I got out of the car and so did Y/n. Ashley was standing next to Y/n and I was getting the basket for the picnic out of the trunk. As I did I saw Y/n loosing balance and I called out to Ashley and right the second she turned to me, Y/n lost consciousness and fell. My sister caught her shortly before the ground and carefully laid her on the grass.

I rushed over with a worried look and took her pulse. The pulse was normal, so I took a breath. Ashley slapped her cheeks lightly and called her name to get her awake, after a few seconds her eyes opened. We helped her sit up, I leaned her against me, so she had footing. Ashley gave her some food and asked: "What's wrong, hun?" She answered quietly: "don't know" and bit into the sandwich. Her eyes lit up lightly when she ate the sandwich and I looked knowingly over to my sister and she understood as well. I concluded that it had been a while since she ate. We sat there for a while and just ate a bit, after a few minutes I asked her: "Y/n? How long has it been since you ate?" She was hesitant and looked down at her hands and I encouraged her: "Please tell us, love." Tears welled in her eyes and she said: "Sunday, but you can't tell her, please!" My heart broke as I heard her say it and Ashley came nearer and wiped her tears away and said: "Shh, it's alright, hun, we won't tell."

We took out a blanket and laid it down near the river. I helped Y/n to the blanket and Ashley brought the snacks and drinks. We all sat back down and admired the sight. Y/n laid down after she ate a bit more and soon she fell asleep.