Sleeping safely

Y/n's Pov
I looked over only to see Ashley taking a picture of me. I gave her an unimpressed look and she laughed. I soon cracked a smile and she took another picture before putting her phone away.
"I'm sorry, you were just too cute with the cat and Lizzie abetted me to take pictures." I shook my head. My aunts, they are unbelievable.

Soon a man around 45 walked over to us, handed us menus and said: "Hola Ashley, nice to see you again." He looked Spanish and according to his use of Spanish words, I quickly assumed that he is Spanish.

"Hi Carlos, like wise." Ashley smiled up at him and added: "Oh and this is my niece, Y/n. She is Mary's daughter."
"It's nice to meet you Y/n. I have to say, you look exactly like your mother." I blushed and said: "Thank you, it's nice to meet you, too."

When people compliment me, that I look or act like my mother, I am not offended by that. I think that my mother is the most amazing person in the world, she is the prettiest and smartest. She loves me the most or loved... . Maybe I just think so because she is my mother idk. Of course there are things that I would have done differently, the choice of husband as an example, but it was her first time on this planet. How should she know, how it's done?

"Is Ana here?" Ashley asked and the man shook his head. "She is home, taking care of the kids. My oldest son is sick." "Oh, I'm sorry. Give them my regards, please." Ashley said and he thanked her. He left and gave us some time to choose our food.

Sarah took our order and left. So now it was only me and Ashley and four cats. She had one and I had three laying by my side. Ashley giggled and said: "Your mum was a cat magnet too, they always came to her." I grinned proudly and continued to pet the cat.

"How are you feeling Y/n? Like in general, is there anything on your mind?" Ashley asked, giving me a concerned look. I only looked at her for a second and then back down, afraid that she could read me. My mother was able to that, she knew when something was up or when I was lying.

"Everything is fine." I said, giving her a fake smile. "Y/n... I know that look. What is it?" She reached over the table and grabbed my hands. I sighed and gave in: "Uhm... well everything is amazing. Living with Lizzie is awesome and her food is the best. And today and the beach day with Lizzie have literally been the best days since months. You both are so incredible and I am so happy to be with you. ... It's just... just school." Her gaze softened and her eyes got teary for a second.

"Y/n? Is there anyone bullying you? Or doing or saying things? Because if they do then you have to tell us, so they stop. They shouldn't bother you, they have no right to do so. You are very important and valuable for me and also Lizzie. Don't let them treat you wrong, you understand?
Is there anyone...?" Ashley trails off at the end, a sign for me to answer her question.

I just shook my head and said: "Nobody is. It's just stressful with all the tests and y'know." I bite my lips in hopes that she would buy the half lie. Ashley hesitated but soon nodded and said a quiet: "Okay, if you are sure."

After only a few minutes the food came and it looked amazing and it tasted even better. And while we were eating the sun was shining orange, going slowly down behind the hills. The lake reflected the light and the sight was breathtaking. I know now, why they like it so much.

Ashley and I fell into a comfortable conversation and we were now joking around a bit. It was awesome. Ashley is really the coolest Olsen. But I will never admit that. Nobody will ever know (except you 🫵🏼).

We finished our food and admired the sundown till the end, while keeping up a conversation and petting the cats. They were so sweet and cuddly.

We paid and left after a while. The paparazzi was now gone and we drove home. There I showered and went to bed afterwards.

I settled down in bed and texted Lizzie.

--- Texting ---

Auntie Liz
Hey, my love. How are you doing?

Y/n
I'm good, full from the food and tired.

Auntie Liz
That sounds good. I don't want to keep you awake for much longer. Go to sleep, Pouty, love you.

Y/n
Love you too. See you tomorrow.

I turned off my phone and fell asleep.

--- time skip ---

My eyes flashed open and I quickly sat up, moving out of my bed. It was right there! I saw it. My breathing was uneven and I couldn't calm down. My body was aching and shaking, the nightmare has never been that horrible.

Tears combined with my sweat fell from my face. I slowly fell to my knees, hugging myself for comfort and to calm my fear. I just sat on the floor and I tried to breathe normally and after a while I was able to take normal deep breaths again.

I wasn't tired anymore, the fear had shaken me awake and is now keeping me from falling back asleep.

I quietly made my way downstairs, hopefully not waking Ashley and to find some water.
When I walked downstairs into the kitchen I suddenly heard a voice call out: "You alright, darling?"

I jumped and looked up, only to see a concerned Ashley in the dimly lit kitchen. Her expression was full of concern, but also a small smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Is something wrong, Y/n?"

I smiled at her, recovering from the fear, and said: "I'm fine. I just can't sleep." I sat down in front of her, she was sitting at the dining table with a mug and a tea bag inside. She stood up and said: "Me too. Tea or hot chocolate?" I grinned and chose the second option.

After two minutes or so, she sat back down and handed me the mug. I thanked her and she suggested that we watch a movie.

We moved to the couch and Ash asked what movie I would want to watch. "Something light. Maybe 'Up'?" I asked and she nodded and put it on.

I was cuddled up to Ashley after a few minutes and she was lightly scratching my back. I don't know if it was the cocoa or her magic hands but I soon felt myself slipping into a deep sleep.