CHAPTER 30

THIRD PERSON POV

The bright sun ascended into the sky, casting its golden hues across the morning. Sunoo hummed happily as he cooked bacon, eggs, and fried rice, filling their kitchen with savory aromas.

He winced when he felt arms wrap tightly around his waist. "Ouch, hyung!" Sunoo gasped, pained, as Sunghoon quickly released him. "It still hurts," he pouted.

"I'm sorry, love. I forgot," Sunghoon apologized, concern shadowing his features despite his lingering anger.

"It's okay, hyung. Please sit down. Breakfast is almost ready," Sunoo chuckled, leaning in to peck Sunghoon on the cheek.

Sunghoon poured himself a cup of coffee and settled at the table. The distant murmur of the television echoed softly in the background as they ate together, facing each other across the table.

Suddenly, the morning news blared from the TV:

'Breaking news! At 5 o'clock this morning, a body was discovered under a bridge. The victim, identified as 20-year-old Yonsei University student Cho Beom-seuk, has been confirmed deceased.'

Sunoo froze, eyes wide with shock as he choked on his food, quickly washing it down with orange juice. He already knew.

Glancing fearfully at Sunghoon, he saw an unsettling smirk on his face as he sipped his coffee.

"Y-you didn't do it, did you?" Sunoo's voice trembled with fear, but Sunghoon remained silent, continuing to eat.

The news continued, revealing Cho Beom-seuk's criminal history as a drug dealer and rapist. Sunoo shuddered, realizing the implications.

"Hyung..." Sunoo stared at Sunghoon, his voice barely above a whisper. "Did you...?"

"If I did, what then?" Sunghoon replied coolly, his demeanor chillingly different from the loving partner Sunoo knew.

"Why did you kill him?" Sunoo's voice wavered, tears threatening to spill.

"Because he hurt you," Sunghoon's tone was icy. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

Sunoo was at a loss. Sunghoon's transformation from caring to menacing was unsettling.

He ate in silence, unable to meet Sunghoon's gaze, his hands trembling so much the spoon clattered against his plate.

Sunghoon noticed Sunoo's fear, his expression softening briefly as he continued eating.

Finishing his meal, Sunoo started to rise, but Sunghoon gripped his wrist gently.

"My love, are you scared? Are you scared of me?" Sunghoon asked softly, searching Sunoo's eyes.

"It's not that," Sunoo replied, conflicted. "It's just... it's wrong to take a life."

"He was a bad person," Sunghoon argued, drawing closer to embrace Sunoo, resting his chin on his shoulder. "He hurt you."

"Still," Sunoo insisted, pushing away slightly. "It's wrong."

"Please, don't leave me," Sunghoon pleaded, locking eyes with Sunoo. "Don't run away from me. Please."

Sunoo didn't respond immediately, his gaze fixed on the older's eyes. "I won't run away," Sunoo said softly. "Just don't do it again. Please." They embraced, holding each other tightly.

"I won't. I promise," Sunghoon replied. Yet, a smirk crept onto his face, betraying his lie.

News about Beom-seuk spread quickly throughout the university. Many students were shocked, feeling a mix of pity and scorn. Whispers of his dark deeds—rape, murder, and drug dealing—fueled rumors and theories.

Sunoo confided in Niki and Jungwon about what happened. The two weren't surprised; they had long suspected that Sunghoon was capable of such things.

The school held a memorial for Beom-seuk. The altar, originally intended for mourning, was soon covered with insults and hate-filled letters, prompting the school to remove it.

A week passed, and Beom-seuk's death faded from conversation. The students moved on, redirecting their focus to their studies.

Sunoo, meanwhile, found solace in new friendships with Hanbin, Taki, Beomgyu, Soobin, Yeonjun, Kai, and Taehyun.

Did Sunghoon know? Yes. How? He had hired a bodyguard to shadow Sunoo and report his every move. Was he angry? Absolutely. But Heeseung and Jay reassured him, urging him to trust in Sunoo's love.

Did Sunoo know? No. He was oblivious to the bodyguard's presence, unaware that every step he took was being monitored.

Today, Sunoo and his new friends decided to hang out at a public library, preparing for the quiz scheduled for the next day.

.
.
.

SUNOO'S POV

Today, Jungwon, Niki, and I arrived at the public library. We spotted our friends sitting in the corner. When they saw us, they called out, earning glares from the other library patrons.

We settled down, chatting quietly and studying while sneaking some snacks. I noticed Hanbin hyung glancing at me and smiling, but I shrugged it off. That’s what friends do, right?

Kai, Soobin, and Niki decided to get us some food and drinks. While they were gone, I finished studying one subject and decided to find some history books.

As I made my way to the history section, a voice suddenly startled me.

"You like history too?" someone said, causing me to flinch slightly. I turned to see a girl standing there.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

She chuckled. "Of course, there’s no one else here." She smiled warmly. She was tall, radiant, and elegant, her presence almost enchanting also a friendly demeanor.

I glanced around and realized she was right—we were alone in the aisle.

"So, you like history too?" she repeated, her smile widening.

"Yes, I love history," I answered enthusiastically. "Do you like it too?"

"Of course!" she replied. "I always come to this library to read history books."

"Me too! History fascinates me," I said excitedly. There aren't many people who share this interest.

"Same!" She laughed, her laughter light and infectious.

"So, where do you study?" I asked, curious.

"I go to an all-girls school," she replied. "How about you?"

"I study at Yonsei University," I said.

"Oh, does the guy who was murdered also study there?" she asked. I nodded.

"It was a huge deal at our school," I said.

"Same here," she responded. "So, what’s your name?" she asked, still smiling.

"Sunoo, Kim Sunoo," I replied. "And you?"

"Jang Wonyoung," she said with a bright smile and extended her hand.

___________________________________________

Hi my dear ravens!!!!

Ty for 7.96k reads!!! Ilgsmmmmm

Sorry if there's any mistakes

Have a good day and night!!

<3333