CHAPTER 31

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Jang Wonyoung," the girl said with a bright smile, extending her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Wonyoung," Sunoo replied, shaking her hand and smiling back.

They parted ways with Wonyoung suggesting they meet up and hang out sometime. Sunoo found himself charmed by Wonyoung, seeing her as a friendly and bubbly potential friend. Despite it being their first meeting, Sunoo felt comfortable around Wonyoung.

Completing Wonyoung's first plan...

Unbeknownst to Sunoo, behind Wonyoung's bright smile lay her sinister intentions. Gaining his trust was merely the first step in her scheme.

As they went their separate ways, an evil smirk spread across her face.

.
.
.

The city lights created a breathtaking tableau, with tall buildings standing proud against the night sky, their glowing lights weaving a tapestry of illumination.

Wonyoung stood before a vast window, gazing out at this urban spectacle as she sipped her wine. Her eyes, however, betrayed no hint of affection—only a steely determination. Her singular focus was on reclaiming Sunghoon, making him hers once more.

As she stood there, the silence was interrupted by the sharp ring of her phone. She answered it immediately.

"Any progress?" she inquired, her voice cold and precise.

"Yes, he's already comfortable with me," came the reply.

"Good," she said with a smirk, taking another sip of wine. "Get his heart, then kill him. Understood?"

"Understood. But remember our agreement."

"Oh, HANBIN," she replied smoothly, her tone edged with a dark promise, "I won't go back on my word. Just do your job neatly, and we'll be fine."

.
.
.

SUNOO'S POV

5:00 o'clock pm

We finished studying and decided to go to the arcade to hang out and relieve some stress from schoolwork.

"OMG! There are plushies we can win!" Jungwon exclaimed excitedly, spotting the claw machine.

"Let's go!" I grabbed Jungwon's hand and dragged him toward the claw machine.

Niki and Yeonjun decided to play Just Dance, while Taki, Soobin, Kai, and Beomgyu opted for a racing game. Meanwhile, Hanbin and Taehyun headed for the shooting game.

"Ughh." Jungwon groaned in disappointment. "This claw machine is a scam! We've tried like five times already and still nothing!"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna go play something else," I said.

"Me too," Jungwon agreed, and we parted ways.

I played some mini-games at the arcade, losing 99% of the time and winning only 1%. I sighed in disappointment, realizing I'm not very good at these things; Niki is usually the expert.

As I was wandering around the arcade, I spotted a fox plushie inside a large claw machine. The fox was cute, furry, and had an adorable smile.

"Do you want it?" A voice startled me. I flinched and turned to see who it was.

"Hanbin hyung!" I exclaimed. "You scared me." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "So, do you want it? I can get it for you."