CHAPTER 45

THIRD PERSON POV

Sunghoon sat in the therapist’s office, the sterile smell of the room mingling with the faint scent of fresh flowers. His therapist, Dr. Park, sat across from him, her expression calm and composed.

“Sunghoon, how have you been feeling since our last session?” Dr. Park asked, her voice gentle yet probing.

Sunghoon sighed, running a hand through his hair. “I’ve been struggling, Dr. Park. It’s been a week since I last saw Sunoo, and I can’t stop thinking about him. Every time I close my eyes, I see his face. I hear his voice.”

Dr. Park nodded, jotting down notes. “That’s understandable. You’ve been through a lot. How have you been coping with these feelings?”

“I’ve been trying to focus on the therapy exercises you gave me,” Sunghoon replied. “But it’s hard. I feel like I’m losing my mind without him.”

Dr. Park leaned forward slightly. “It’s important to remember that you’re here to heal, Sunghoon. To understand and manage your emotions better. Tell me, what is it about Sunoo that you find so indispensable?”

Sunghoon’s eyes welled up with tears. “He’s everything to me. He’s my anchor. Without him, I feel... lost. But I also know I hurt him, and that’s killing me inside.”

Dr. Park offered a sympathetic smile. “Acknowledging your feelings and actions is a significant step forward. It’s clear you care deeply for Sunoo. But for both of you to heal, you need to work on yourself first. Have you thought about what you would say to Sunoo if you had the chance?”

Sunghoon looked down at his hands, which were trembling. “I’d tell him how sorry I am. How much I regret hurting him. I’d beg for his forgiveness and promise to get better, to be the man he deserves.”

Dr. Park nodded. “Those are important sentiments. For now, focus on your therapy. Work on controlling your impulses and understanding your emotions. There’s a possibility for reconciliation, but it has to start with you being in a better place mentally and emotionally.”

Sunghoon took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. “I’ll do whatever it takes. I just want to be better for him. For us.”

Dr. Park smiled gently. “And that’s a good place to start, Sunghoon. Let’s continue to work on your progress, step by step.”

As they continued to talk, Sunghoon tried to focus on Dr. Park, but his mind kept drifting to Sunoo. What is he doing now? Is he happy without me? Will he forgive me? Is he okay?

The session ended, and Dr. Park sighed, seeing little progress despite Sunghoon starting therapy a week ago.

Sunghoon left the office, regret weighing heavily on him. Hurting Sunoo was a monumental mistake, and he felt the sting of that loss deeply.

.
.
.
.

SUNOO'S POV

As Hanbin and I hung out together, I felt a semblance of happiness I hadn’t experienced in a while.

We laughed over coffee, and I found myself enjoying his company, but my mind kept drifting back to Sunghoon. What was he doing? Was he okay? Did he miss me?

Hanbin’s voice cut through my thoughts. “Sunoo,” he said, his tone more serious than usual.

I turned to face him, my heart pounding. His eyes were earnest, and I could sense he was about to say something important.

"I know this might not be the best time, but I need to be honest with you," he began, his voice trembling slightly. "You do know i have feelings for you, right? Can we date?"