CHAPTER 35

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Sunghoon decided to distance himself for a while, watching Hanbin and Sunoo taking pictures. He couldn't ruin this day, especially seeing how happy Sunoo was. Yet, inside, he fumed with anger and jealousy. He wandered over to the river, lit a cigarette, and took a deep drag to calm his nerves.

He needed to calm himself down.

Listening to the gentle murmur of the river, Sunghoon closed his eyes and exhaled a cloud of smoke.

"Aren't you a student?" a voice suddenly cut through the silence, causing him to open his eyes. He frowned upon recognizing the voice.

"Should I tell the teachers?" Hanbin smirked.

"Tell them, I don't care," Sunghoon replied nonchalantly, exhaling another puff of smoke.

"You're not scared, I see," Hanbin continued. "Is it because you're not really a student?" This prompted Sunghoon to turn and face Hanbin, who wore a smug expression.

But Sunghoon was not easily threatened; he was used to this kind of situation.

"I'm really not a student," Sunghoon admitted. "I'm here to protect Sunoo from anyone who will hurt him and anyone who will touch what's mine, so stay away from him." He threatened, maintaining steady eye contact.

"Wait, isn't Sunoo the one who needs protection from you?" Hanbin exclaimed. "I know everything about you, Park Sunghoon," he muttered, his voice dropping for the last sentence.

"Let's see how long you can keep that beast chained," Hanbin taunted, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "What do you think will happen when Sunoo uncovers the dark truth of your past? What if he discovers the monster lurking beneath your façade?" With a smirk playing on his lips, Hanbin turned and walked away, leaving a trail of tension in his wake.

Sunghoon remained quiet. He knew exactly what game Hanbin was playing; he was trying to provoke him.

.
.
.
.

SUNOO'S POV

Returning from my adventure capturing the beauty of nature, I began my search for Sunghoon. I checked the cabin where my classmates were eating, our tent, and asked Jungwon, Niki, and other friends, but they all gave the same reply: they hadn't seen him.

Growing increasingly worried, I spotted Hanbin sitting on a bench, engrossed in a book. Since I hadn't asked him yet, I approached.

"Hi, Hanbin hyung," I greeted as I sat beside him. "Have you seen Minho?" I used his other name, 'Minho,' out of habit.

Hanbin didn't respond right away, instead smiling at me in a way that left me puzzled.

"You're really cute today," he complimented, causing a slight blush to creep up my cheeks.

"So, have you seen Minho?" I repeated, trying to stay focused.

"Nope, I haven't seen him," he replied, making me groan in disappointment. "Why are you looking for him? Is he your boyfriend?"

"Uh, yes, he is," I confirmed, and Hanbin nodded.

"Are you okay with him?" he asked, his tone unexpectedly serious, which confused me.

"Yes, of course," I answered, curious now. "Why are you asking all of a sudden?"

"Nothing, just be careful," he said as he stood up. "You really don't know him." With that, he turned and walked away.

His words left me bewildered, and the doubt in my heart reignited. The enigma of Sunghoon began to haunt my thoughts, a shadowy presence lurking in my mind.