CHAPTER 37

SUNOO'S POV

I groaned as I slowly regained consciousness. My head throbbed, and my body ached all over. I tried to move but found my wrists bound tightly behind me. Panic surged through me as I realized I was in a dark, unfamiliar room.

"Wh-where am I?" I whispered, my voice weak and shaky. I struggled against the bindings, but they only dug deeper into my skin.

I blinked, trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness. Faint outlines of furniture and a door began to emerge, but there were no windows, no light seeping in from outside. The air was thick with a musty scent, and the silence was deafening.

"Help!" I called out, hoping someone might hear me. "Is anyone there?"

There was no response, only the echo of my own voice bouncing off the walls. My mind raced with fear and confusion. How had I ended up here? The last thing I remembered was Sunghoon's enraged face and the searing pain as he struck me.

A soft creak interrupted my thoughts. The door opened slightly, allowing a sliver of dim light to spill into the room. My heart pounded in my chest as a shadowy figure stepped inside.

"Who's there?" I asked, my voice trembling.

The figure moved closer, and as it did, I recognized the familiar silhouette. "Sunghoon?"

Sunghoon's expression was a mix of anger and something else—regret? Pain? He closed the door behind him and stood there, staring at me without saying a word.

"Why are you doing this?" My voice broke, tears welling up in my eyes. "I didn't cheat, I swear."

Sunghoon's eyes flickered with doubt, but the anger still burned brightly. "You cheated, my love. I saw you kissing hanbin."

"It wasn't what it looked like," I pleaded, desperation in my voice. "Please, just let me explain."

Sunghoon remained silent, his jaw clenched. He took a deep breath, seeming to battle with himself. "You have to understand, my love. I trusted you more than anyone and gave you everything."

"I know," I whispered, tears streaming down my cheeks. "But hurting me won't fix anything. Please, hyung, just listen to me."

For a moment, the tension in the room was palpable, the air thick with unspoken words. Sunghoon's shoulders slumped slightly, his resolve wavering. But then his eyes hardened again.

Without warning, he lunged forward, grabbing a fistful of my hair and yanking it painfully.

"You think I’m just going to listen to more lies?" he snarled, his face inches from mine.

"Ahhh, hyung, please," I cried out, trying to pull away, but his grip was like iron.

"Shut up!" he shouted, slapping me hard across the face. The impact sent me sprawling to the ground, my vision blurring from the pain.

I whimpered, tasting blood in my mouth. "Sunghoon, stop. Please, just stop."

He kicked me in the ribs, and I curled up, trying to protect myself. "You deserve this," he hissed, kicking me again.

I gasped for breath, tears streaming down my face. "I didn't do anything, Sunghoon. I love you. Please believe me."

He paused, breathing heavily, his eyes wild with anger. For a brief moment, I thought I saw a flicker of hesitation, but it vanished as quickly as it appeared. He turned and stormed out of the room, leaving me alone in the darkness, my body aching and my heart breaking.

I lay there, sobbing quietly, praying that someone would find me soon. My mind kept replaying Sunghoon's words and actions, the pain of his betrayal cutting deeper than any physical wound. I could only hope that he would come to his senses before it was too late.