CHAPTER 44

THIRD PERSON POV

The bell rang, and the students immediately packed their things, eagerly exiting the dull classroom. The sun was about to set, casting a warm orange glow across the sky, and the air was fresh and crisp.

Sunoo's favorite time of day had always been the sunset, but today, the sky seemed more melancholic than vibrant. He remembered how Sunghoon used to pick him up from school, and they would take pictures together with the sunset as their backdrop.

Those moments were precious, filled with laughter and love, and now they felt like distant memories tainted by recent events.

As he walked towards the school gates, the once joyful sky now seemed full of woe. Sunoo couldn't shake off the sadness in his eyes.

He longed for an explanation from Sunghoon, one that came directly from him and not through Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Jungwon, or Niki. He needed to hear the truth from the person who had both loved and hurt him.

Lost in thought, he exited the school gates, only to be jolted back to reality by a familiar voice calling his name.

"Sunoo!"

"H-Hanbin," he forced a smile, "How can I help you?"

"Jungwon and Niki said they couldn't accompany you because they have something to do," Hanbin panted, clearly having run to catch up with him. "So they asked me if I could walk you home, and I said yes." He smiled warmly.

Sunoo smiled back, but his eyes betrayed his true feelings. "Thank you, but I can take care of myself."

"No, don't be stubborn, Sunoo," Hanbin insisted, gently taking Sunoo's hand and starting to walk. "Let's get some ice cream and hang out together!" he exclaimed cheerfully.

Sunoo's smile remained, though it didn't reach his eyes. He was grateful for Hanbin's presence, thankful that someone was there to cheer him up and lift his spirits, even if it was only temporarily.

Unbeknownst to Sunoo, Sunghoon was watching from a hidden spot. His eyes followed Sunoo's every move, filled with a mix of longing and bitterness as he saw Hanbin holding Sunoo's hand.

It was Hanbin's laughter that grated on him the most, a stark reminder of the joy he had lost.

Sunghoon clenched his fists and jaw, his heart aching at the sight of Sunoo being happy with someone else.

That should be him by Sunoo's side, sharing ice cream and laughter. The pain of seeing them together was almost unbearable, fueling a deep-seated anger and regret within him.

As Sunoo and Hanbin walked away, Sunghoon's eyes never left them. He remained in the shadows, a silent observer of a happiness that once belonged to him.

Sunghoon’s heart pounded in his chest as he watched Sunoo and Hanbin from the shadows.

Every fiber of his being screamed to step out, to reveal himself and take Sunoo away from Hanbin and everyone else. But he knew he couldn't. It would only scare Sunoo further, pushing him away even more.

He stood there, torn between his desire and the harsh reality of the situation. A single tear slipped down his cheek as he watched them walk away, their laughter echoing painfully in his ears.

Sunoo’s smile, however faint and forced, was still a smile—a smile he used to be the reason for.

Sunghoon’s mind raced with thoughts of regret and longing. How had it come to this? How had he allowed his fears and impulses to drive Sunoo away? He had wanted to protect and cherish him, but instead, he had become the source of his pain.

Sunghoon left his hiding spot, his mind a whirlwind of emotions. As he approached his mansion, he found Wonyoung waiting for him in the grand foyer. She smiled as she saw him, quickly moving to hug him, but Sunghoon broke the embrace, a look of displeasure crossing his face.

"Sunghoon," Wonyoung began, her voice deceptively sweet, "I need to talk to you."

He crossed his arms, regarding her warily. "What is it, Wonyoung?"

She hesitated, then stepped closer, lowering her voice. "I think it's time you face the truth about Sunoo. He never loved you. He was just using you. He betrayed you because he didn’t care about you."

Sunghoon’s eyes narrowed, his jaw tightening. "That's not true. Sunoo loves me. He’s just scared because of what I did."

Wonyoung shook her head, her expression a mask of concern. "You’re deluding yourself, Sunghoon. Sunoo never loved you. He’s with Hanbin now, laughing and happy without you."

Sunghoon smirks,"Maybe you're right,"

This made wonyoung smiles as she thinks she succeeded, "See? He doesn't love you, I'm the only one will love you."

Sunghoon lowered his head into wonyoung's ear, "You're right."

He whispers, "If Sunoo didn’t love me, then I’ll make him fall in love with me all over again. I don’t need your lies, Wonyoung."

This made wonyoung frown and when she tried to move away, she felt a gun point on the back of her head.

"Do you think I'll believe your lies?" He asks sarcastically as he chuckles darkly, "You're wrong. I will make him fall in love with me again and again."

Wonyoung tried to hide her fear as she saw sunghoon's cold and dark eyes staring at her, "And do you think Sunoo will love you if he discover how of a monster you are?"

Anger flared in Sunghoon’s eyes. "Get the fuck out of here before I'll blow your head!"

His voice rose as he shouted, "Get out!"

Wonyoung flinched, genuine fear in her eyes as she backed away. "Remember this, you'll never find someone who will love you. I'm the only—"

"Get out!" he repeated, his voice echoing through the mansion.

Wonyoung’s face twisted with anger as she turned and left, slamming the door behind her.

Sunghoon stood there, his chest heaving with the intensity of his emotions. Despite Wonyoung’s attempts to manipulate him, his resolve remained unshaken. He would win Sunoo back, no matter what it took.

As Wonyoung left Sunghoon's mansion, her face was twisted in anger. The innocence she usually projected had vanished, replaced by a mask of hatred and jealousy. Tears of fury pooled in her eyes, her hands trembling as she fished her phone from her bag.

She dialed Hanbin’s number, her fingers pressing the buttons with an almost violent intensity. She tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for him to answer.

“What now?” Hanbin's voice came through, sounding slightly annoyed.

“When are you gonna kill that Sunoo?” she demanded, her voice seething with anger.

“Just wait. It’s too early to kill him now,” Hanbin replied, his tone calm but firm.

“Whatever! Just kill him already!” she spat, her frustration bubbling over.

“Patience, Wonyoung. Let his friends cherish him a bit more before he dies, yeah?” Hanbin’s words were cold, calculated.

Her irritation peaked, and she quickly ended the call, shoving the phone back into her bag.

.
.
.
.

___________________________________________

Hi Ravens!!!!

Ty for 13k Reads!!

Ilygsmmmmm!!!

Take care and have a good day and night ilysmmmm!!!

<333333