CHAPTER 39

THIRD PERSON POV

"Heeseung, is there any update?" Jake asked, worry evident in his voice as he looked across the room at his boyfriend.

"There isn't," Heeseung sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Jake replied with a sigh, though his eyes betrayed his concern. "Hanbin said that Sunghoon has gone insane and crazy. Why do you think that happened?"

Heeseung met Jake's gaze, struggling to maintain his composure. He couldn't reveal the full extent of what he knew—not yet. "He's unpredictable. Even though we grew up together, I can't always read his mind," he replied.

"You promised us that Sunghoon would never hurt Sunoo... Why did he hurt him?" Jake asked, his voice heavy with disappointment and confusion.

"He has trouble controlling his emotions," Heeseung admitted. "I'm sure Sunghoon regrets what he did now. I'm sorry this happened."

"I'm sorry too," Jake said quietly.

"Why are you apologizing to me?" Heeseung asked, moving to sit beside Jake as he noticed the tears welling up in his eyes.

"Because I was so angry and said things I didn't mean... I'm sorry." Jake hugged Heeseung tightly, his voice breaking.

"It's okay," Heeseung murmured, patting Jake's back comfortingly. "Sometimes we just can't control our emotions. It's okay."

"Do you think Sunoo is safe?" Jake asked, pulling back from the hug and looking at Heeseung with pleading eyes.

"Yes," Heeseung replied with a gentle smile, cupping Jake's cheek. "I'm sure Sunoo is safe with Sunghoon."

"How can you be so sure?" Jake asked softly, his voice trembling.

"I have trust and faith in him," Heeseung said firmly. "So let's trust and have faith in Sunghoon, okay?"

Jake nodded and hugged Heeseung tightly again. Despite his reassuring words, Heeseung's mind was a whirlwind of worry and fear. He couldn't shake the nagging concern that Sunghoon might do something he'd regret forever, something that could cost him the person he loved most.

"Please, Sunghoon," Heeseung thought, silently praying. "Don't do anything stupid. Don't do anything careless."

The weight of the situation pressed heavily on both of them as they clung to each other, hoping against hope that their faith in Sunghoon would be justified and that Sunoo would return to them safely.

.
.
.
.

8:00 pm

Sunoo sat at the grand dining table in the fully lit room, the opulence of the setting doing little to comfort him. The room's grandeur, with its richly decorated furnishings and bright, glaring lights, only heightened his sense of dread and exhaustion.

Sunghoon, now a shadow of his former self, sat across from him, meticulously arranging the food on a silver plate. Sunoo couldn’t help but notice the eerie calmness in Sunghoon’s demeanor, a stark contrast to the man he once knew.

Sunghoon carefully scooped a bite of food onto a fork and held it up to Sunoo's mouth. "Here, eat," he said softly, but there was a steely determination behind his words.

Sunoo hesitated, his eyes flicking from the food to Sunghoon’s face. The once familiar warmth in Sunghoon’s eyes had been replaced with a cold, unyielding gaze. "Sunghoon, what’s happening to you?" Sunoo asked, his voice trembling slightly.