CHAPTER 41

THIRD PERSON POV

It had been three agonizing days since Sunoo's disappearance, and the search had yielded no results. Jake, Jungwon, and Niki were running on fumes, having barely slept out of sheer worry and relentless brainstorming on where Sunghoon could have taken Sunoo.

Heeseung and Jay shared their exhaustion, their faces etched with concern and guilt.

The group was huddled in the living room of Heeseung's mansion, each lost in their own thoughts. The silence was heavy, a reflection of their collective anxiety and helplessness.

Jake, noticing Heeseung's worried expression, broke the silence. "Heeseung, what's on your mind?"

Heeseung looked up, his eyes betraying his deep concern. "I'm worried that Sunghoon might not be taking his medication."

Jake's brow furrowed. "Medication? What do you mean?"

Heeseung sighed, knowing it was time to reveal everything. "Sunghoon has been on medication for his condition. Antipsychotics to manage his intense anger and anxiety, and mood stabilizers for his impulsivity. Without them, his behavior can become extremely unpredictable and dangerous."

Jungwon's eyes widened in shock. "So, if he's not taking them, he could hurt Sunoo?"

Heeseung nodded grimly. "Yes, without his medication, Sunghoon might not be able to control his actions. He might do something he would regret, something that could hurt Sunoo."

Niki sighed, his worry evident. "I'm sure Sunoo hyung is forming a plan now. I hope whatever it is, he'll succeed."

Jay chimed in, his voice laced with concern. "I'm sure too, but Sunghoon is smart and paranoid. He's afraid of abandonment. If he's off his meds, he'll be thinking about every possible outcome. We just have to hope Sunoo nails his plan and doesn't get discovered by Sunghoon."

The gravity of the situation hit everyone hard. They realized that time was even more critical than they had thought. Every minute without the medication increased the risk to Sunoo.

Jake clenched his fists, determination flaring in his eyes. "We need to find them, and fast. We can't let anything happen to Sunoo."

The group shared a resolute look, their exhaustion momentarily pushed aside by a renewed sense of urgency.

They knew they had to double their efforts and find Sunghoon and Sunoo before it was too late.

.
.
.

SUNOO'S POV

My eyes fluttered open, greeted by the unfamiliar surroundings of the room I had been confined to for the past three days. The luxurious decor was a stark contrast to the darkness that loomed over my thoughts.

A chill ran down my spine as I recalled the events that had led me here, trapped with Sunghoon, who had become a stranger.

The weight of my situation pressed heavily on me. Sunghoon’s behavior had grown increasingly erratic and frightening. I spent every waking moment searching for a way out, but his vigilance left no opportunity for escape.

As I lay in the oversized bed, my mind raced with worry for my friends. Did they know where I was? Were they looking for me? The uncertainty gnawed at me, but I held onto a sliver of hope that they would find me soon.

Sunghoon entered the room, his eyes fixated on me with an intensity that made my heart race. I could see the strain in his expression, the subtle twitch in his jaw.

"Good morning, my love," he said softly, a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "How did you sleep?"

I forced a small smile, trying to keep my fear hidden. "I slept okay," I lied. In truth, my nights were plagued by restless thoughts and a sense of impending doom.