2.2 - The pregnant slave cried

2.2 - The pregnant slave cried and confessed the fact of rape

The next morning, Ye Zhongqin was called by Li Wen to the kitchen to arrange matters.

"The city lord likes sweets, so you will be the one to make the food this morning. If the city lord is satisfied, you can stay." Li Wen asked the other two chefs in the kitchen to put down their tools and give their place to Ye Zhongqin.

"The city lord gets up at eight o'clock every day. You have an hour to prepare breakfast. Let's get started."

Ye Zhongqin nodded and took a look at the vegetables in the kitchen and the meat in the freezer.

The food of this era is very simple. After all, agricultural development was backward after the disaster, and the breeding in the city was just simple poultry, and there were no high-end ingredients.

Then let's make an egg custard first. In order to make the taste better, it should be matched with some crushed meat.

This is just the first dish. Ye Zhongqin completely forgot about the sweets that Li Wen asked him to cook and fiddled with it.

He thought that soy milk, vegetable buns, and nutritious egg custard were light in taste and helped his appetite.

So an hour later, Li Wen called the servant to take away the breakfast. Seeing such simple food, he was a little surprised.

In the other room, a man in a nightgown had just come out of the bathroom. His hair was not dry yet, and wet water dripped on his shoulders, making his buckwheat-colored skin full of attractive texture.

Li Wen lowered his head, knelt at the man's feet, and wiped the water drops on the man's feet with a clean towel. His movements were gentle, but it was more like fear.

"Sir, today's breakfast is ready, please enjoy it."

Fu Jianghe came to the dining table casually. Seeing such simple food, he was slightly surprised, but he didn't get angry. He picked up the spoon and took a bite.

The air was tight, and the servants guarding on both sides were like being roasted on the fire. They became more nervous after seeing the city lord eating breakfast.

A chef was just executed yesterday morning. I don't know if this one can escape today.

Li Wen knelt at the man's feet, with a slightly meaningful expression on his face, as if he thought that the chef would also be killed today.

However, there was a chuckle above his head, followed by the sound of clinking bowls and chopsticks. Li Wen widened his eyes in surprise, but did not dare to look up at the man.

"Today's breakfast is good. Who made it?"

Li Wen quickly raised his head and replied, "Sir, it's the new chef we hired yesterday."

"Okay, stay." Fu Jianghe was in a good mood this morning, so he said a few more words, "From now on, I will give him my three meals a day."

"Yes." Li Wen nodded with an unclear intention.

Not long after, the servants came to the kitchen quickly with empty bowls in their hands, their faces filled with a sense of happiness after surviving a disaster.

The door was pushed open with a bang, scaring the two old chefs. As for the new one, he was sitting on a small bench at the door washing vegetables.

Li Wen came to the chef with a gloomy face, glanced at Ye Zhongqin meaningfully, and said to the two old chefs, "From now on, the city lord's three meals a day will be given to him, and you two will be responsible for helping him."