Chapter 1: The Scene That Everyone Know Of

In the clear and serene moonlight of Fuyuki City during winter, tranquility and harmony filled the air. However, the events unfolding under the moon's glow were far from the picturesque scene.

Thud!

Clang!

"Grr—"

Emiya Shirou scrambled into the warehouse, using both his hands and feet. He anxiously scanned his surroundings, searching for anything he could use as a weapon.

Yet, the man chasing him wouldn't allow such an opportunity.

"Is it over?"

A streak of crimson light flashed by.

With a crimson lance exuding a murderous intent, Lancer thrust his blood red spear toward Shirou.

"This—guy—!"

In a critical moment, Shirou unfolded a poster from his hand, its metallic sheen forming into a makeshift shield.

Clang!

"Ah—!"

A cry of pain escaped Shirou.

The poster was pierced by the lance, reverting to its original state of ordinary paper.

The force of the lance's thrust remained unabated, even piercing through a corner's spotlight.

Crack.

As the spotlight went out, the warehouse dimmed noticeably.

"Ah—!"

The impact of the lance's thrust sent Shirou flying, crashing into the wall.

"Huff. huff."

Seated on the floor, Shirou clutched his chest tightly with his right hand.

Just as he was about to reach for anything that could serve as a weapon and raise his head...

"It's over. You really startled me just now, kid."

Standing before him was the man he had been evading, dressed in a tight blue suit and holding a red lance. The tip of the lance was precisely aimed at Shirou's heart.

"..."

Shirou knew he had lost.

His gaze remained fixed on the lance's tip, not registering anything the man said.

"Well then, let's end it here."

The man's hand moved.

A glimmering silver streak raced forth, its target Shirou's heart.

"Don't joke around–! How could I possibly—"

At this life-and-death juncture, Shirou let out a desperate yell.

"—meaninglessly die here!"

Miraculously, Shirou's cry received a response. A radiant magic circle appeared beneath him.

"Huh? Could it be?"

Amidst the dazzling light, a blue-armored girl appeared in front of Shirou.

Clang!

The girl seemed to be holding something in her hand, deflecting the lance that was intended to pierce Shirou. Without hesitation, she charged toward the man.

"Is it really the Seventh servant?" he exclaimed.

As the man, who was holding the now-deflected lance, clashed with the girl wielding the "certain item," sparks flew once more!