Chapter 2: Be Careful When Choosing Propaganda Posters

Matou Shinji, a self-proclaimed veteran otaku, is a transmigrator.

Before his transmigration, Shinji not only enjoyed novels, games, anime, and other ACG-related hobbies that are popular among enthusiasts, but he also had some knowledge about Hollywood movies, tokusatsu dramas, and related fields.

Like most transmigrators, after an unfortunate accident led to Shinji's untimely death, due to some unknown reason, he inexplicably transmigrated into the body of a 7-year-old boy with blue hair in the year 1994.

Transmigrating was supposed to be a good thing for someone like Shinji, an otaku, but when his opportunistic father called his name, told him about a sister named "Sakura," and mentioned returning to their ancestral home in Fuyuki City, Japan, Shinji felt like this world was in chaos.

Matou Shinji, a character from the famous anime "Fate/Stay Night," is the most inept Master in the Fifth Holy Grail War.

Moreover, in any of the three routes of "Fate/Stay Night," Shinji's fate is far from ideal. Except for the Unlimited Blade Works route, which can barely be considered a good ending, the other two routes have increasingly tragic outcomes for Shinji.

As for resisting fate... considering a certain old monster from the Matou Family, Shinji finds it incredibly difficult, extremely, extremely, extremely difficult.

Therefore, in the first few days of his transmigration, Shinji was filled with anxiety, fearing that he might be toyed with to death by some ET-like old magus.

Fortunately, this situation didn't last long.

Once Shinji truly arrived and delved into the Matou Family, he realized the disparity between his imagination and reality, much like the difference between the Cotton King and a Cup A firearm — blatantly obvious.

The world Shinji transmigrated into is indeed a Type-Moon world, with elements he is familiar with, such as magic and the Holy Grail War.

However, this world is significantly different from his impression of the Type-Moon world. The mystery of this world has nearly dried up.

Due to some unknown reason, magecraft in this world rapidly declined upon entering the modern era, even reaching the point of barely surviving.

Taking the Fuyuki City's Holy Grail War as an example, the quality of the summoned Servants deteriorated as the wars progressed.

Based on the information from the Matou Family, Shinji speculated that the Heroic Spirits summoned in the first Holy Grail War were already vastly different from the Heroic Spirits he knew from "Fate/Zero" and "Fate/Stay Night."

By the second Holy Grail War, the quality had further diminished, and the summoned Servants couldn't meet the standards, being only slightly stronger than ordinary people.

As a result, the once-famous Fuyuki City's Holy Grail War only took place twice before coming to an end.

Examining a part reveals the whole: the decline of magecraft in this world is evident from the experience of the Holy Grail War.

Under such circumstances, the ambitions of Type-Moon magus, such as reaching the Root, became nothing but wishful thinking.

Gradually, the magus of this parallel Type-Moon world shifted their perspectives. They were no longer tirelessly pursuing mysteries but began treating magecraft as a more magical traditional craft.

Influenced by this change in perspective, the tradition of bloodline succession in the Type-Moon world began to decline.

On one hand, the new generation of Magus felt that the magecraft they taught was not very useful, and it was even less practical than a manual for technical training. The latter could at least provide them with a stable job.