Chapter 23: Tonight, We Are All Knights of the Round Table

Fortunately, Aoko's discontent didn't last long. With the beginning of the Holy Grail War at the school and the start of the massive battles, the thunderous explosions drew Aoko's attention back to the screen like lightning.

Saber and Rider swiftly maneuvered through the narrow corridors. The explosive clashes of the two Heroic Spirits created brilliant bursts of fire that spread from inside the school building to the outside.

Aoko had a sense that the flames on screen, accompanied by the shards of glass, seemed to be sweeping toward her in the theater, as if enveloping her. She involuntarily felt her heart racing.

Especially during the final scene where Rider and Saber released their Noble Phantasms, the dazzling screen almost covered the entire theater, with the colossal shockwave not only ripping through the sky but also shattering all the windows of the school building, sparkling shards falling like celestial flowers from the sky...

Only when the battle ended did the camera cut back to a panting Arturia due to her massive magecraft expenditure. Aoko finally let out a sigh of relief.

However, her heart still raced intensely, and she felt her blood was on the verge of boiling.

"Not bad," Aoko licked her lips with her tongue, her breath slightly uneven, "I really want to have a fight with these Heroic Spirits. What do you think, Alice?"

"Shut up."

Aoko's words were met with her companion's cold response.

Meanwhile, at the premiere in Fuyuki City, Medusa mourned for her departed self on the screen.

"My role... has ended like this." Medusa lowered her head slightly, letting out a sigh.

To ensure the movie's length and pacing, Shinji made several cuts to the content in the Rider subplot. Many transitional scenes were removed, or he passed over them briefly.

Originally, there were two battles between Rider and Saber in the plot, but Shinji combined them into one, resulting in Rider exiting the school battle early.

After all, a movie is different from a game or an anime series. There isn't enough time or necessity to delve into all the intricate details. Filling in too many side details would only fragment the overall flow of the movie.

Shinji's approach sped up the movie's pacing, providing a more satisfying experience for the audience.

However, this approach wasn't very friendly towards Rider. Her screen time was reduced, and even the opportunity to showcase her Noble Phantasm was overshadowed by Arturia.

"Ah, so it ends like this."

Rider sighed and stroked her book, her face showing a hint of discontent.

"You're not too bad," the young man next to her complained, "You at least got a scene. My role was completely cut! I even practiced Japanese swordsmanship for so long..."

Because the Caster group's role in the Fate/Stay Night line wasn't substantial and its impact on the main storyline was negligible, Shinji decided to significantly reduce their scenes. keeping only Caster's scenes in the second half of the movie as a backdrop for her grand entrance.

Of course, Shinji's decision wasn't very well received by Yan Qing. He was already frustrated that he couldn't reveal his face, and now, more than two-thirds of his scenes were cut!

"Well, well, Yan Qing, calm down," Shinji turned around to appease the frustrated assassin.

This versatile stand-in actor could be considered a future cash cow for Shinji, so it was crucial to take care of him.