Chapter 13: Magus's Banquet (×) Blind Date Convention (√)

For the majority of the crew members, the end of filming meant they could enjoy a comfortable and extended break. Even the student actors would have a chance to study in peace during final exams and create an opportunity for themselves to enjoy the winter vacation.

However, Shinji was excluded from this good fortune. Just after resting at home for two days, he embarked on the post-production of FSN alone in Tokyo.

It's not that Shinji didn't want to stay in Fuyuki City to work. Unfortunately, there were no film post-production studios in Fuyuki City, so he had to go to Tokyo, the current film center of Japan, for the post-production work of FSN.

The post-production process itself went relatively smoothly. With the help of his uncle, Kariya Matou, who was a special effects actor in Tokyo, Shinji was able to rent a post-production studio from Tsuburaya Productions. Being an established film and television company, Tsuburaya's studio was well-equipped to meet Shinji's needs. Shinji also hired an experienced editor from Tsuburaya to assist him with the tedious process of film editing.

However, there was one thing that annoyed Shinji. His seven Servants, who were summoned by the Holy Grail, couldn't leave Fuyuki City due to their connection to the leyline. This forced Shinji to return to Fuyuki City for the post-production voice dubbing of the film.

As a result, Shinji had to shuttle between Fuyuki City and Tokyo during this period.

"It's decided! Once FSN makes money, I'm going to establish a complete film post-production studio in Fuyuki City!"

Back in the Matou residence, Shinji, who had returned from Tokyo once again, slumped onto the table and complained.

"Oh, really?"

Sitting across from Shinji, Zouken responded lazily, as if he hadn't quite heard what Shinji had said.

"Grandpa~"

Shinji's lips twitched uncontrollably, and his right hand clenched and relaxed several times.

If he wasn't worried that a single punch might result in multiple fractures, Shinji would have punched this "Master Yoda" into pieces already.

There was no denying it, at this moment, Zouken was seriously asking for a beating.

At the moment, Zouken was lounging on a couch with both of his legs up, sinking into the cushion like quicksand. He held a glass of fine wine in one hand (probably swindled from the gleaming King's Treasury), and in the other, he toyed with a recently imported cricket from China.

On his right side stood a fruit platter, and a respectfully bowing Kotomine, while on his left side, a slowly fanning Hercules looked rather simple-minded.

"Grandpa, where did you get this earthworm-like creature?!"

Shinji slammed the table and yelled at Zouken.

Zouken scratched his left knee lazily with his right foot and nonchalantly replied, "Ah~ I was already a nouveau riche."

"You make a good point, and I can't argue with that for a moment–Wait, why are you fanning yourself with a fan in the dead of winter!"

"Because I turned on the air conditioning."

Zouken took a sip of wine and answered indifferently.

"Then why don't you turn off the air conditioning? Do you know how much the electricity bill is?"

The cost of electricity in Japan was exorbitant, just like the price of fruit in the country. Especially in the winter and summer, if you weren't careful, the electricity bill could easily reach six digits.