Chapter 27: Aoko: Is This a Movie or a Magus' Gathering?

Shinji still had no idea that he had once again become famous in the magus community.

However, even if he knew, he wouldn't care. After all, he had more important things to do right now—promoting Fate/Stay Night.

After three days of long waiting, Bandai finally compiled the audience feedback data from all the trial screenings across the country.

This speed could hardly be considered fast, but for a country that still used three fax machines to compile nationwide epidemiological data twenty years later, Shinji didn't expect it to be any faster.

This nationwide trial screening can be said to be very successful. Not only did the audience praise it, but many viewers also explicitly stated that they would watch the movie again after its official release.

Among those who said such things, there were definitely quite a few "freeloaders" who would watch it for free, but the overall enthusiasm of the audience was undoubtedly a good thing.

Leveraging the momentum of the trial screenings, Shinji, along with several main cast members, also accepted an interview with the media.

Given Bandai's conservative distribution strategy, they couldn't attract major newspapers, and with Shinji's strong request to conduct the interview in Fuyuki City, there were even fewer reporters willing to participate in this slightly strange interview. Only reporters from mid to low-tier media outlets were willing to conduct this somewhat peculiar interview.

These journalists' attention was mostly focused on the two main actors, Arturia Pendragon and Shirou Emiya. Although Shinji was mentioned, his level of attention was far lower than theirs.

This was also related to Bandai's publicity strategy. Shinji, as an unknown rookie director, lacked a selling point, while Arturia Pendragon, who had already garnered a considerable following from the trial screenings, was more likely to attract the attention of fans and the media.

Therefore, Bandai's publicity strategy for Fate/Stay Night revolved around the actors.

If Fate/Stay Night was a huge success, Shinji's next film could be promoted with the label "Director of Fate/Stay Night."

The journalists who conducted the interviews had all seen the movie, so they were more interested in interviewing Gilgamesh than the male lead, Shirou Emiya. Although Shirou's performance in the movie was commendable, his goody-two-shoes character didn't leave as strong an impression as Gilgamesh did.

However, Shinji wouldn't dare to release Gilgamesh during this critical period of promotion.

Even if it was Gilgamesh in his "Wise King" form, his tone of speech was by no means pleasant. He was not only arrogant but also condescending.

In fact, as long as Gilgamesh didn't constantly use phrases like "mongrels," his arrogant and proud attitude could be marketed as a "tsundere" character.

However, it was still too early, and Shinji planned to use this guy as a promotional point after the movie achieved a certain level of success.

Compared to the troublesome Gilgamesh, Shinji felt much more at ease with Arturia Pendragon.

Although she maintained a serious demeanor throughout, it could be explained as a new actress being too nervous to put on a facade.

As for Shinji himself, when asked by reporters about matters related to the movie, he mostly used clichés like "I have full confidence in the movie," "The performances of the cast were all excellent," and "Arturia Pendragon is my favorite actress" to get through the questions.

As the interview concluded, the point screening date set by Bandai was getting closer and closer.

Under Shinji's careful attention, he finally saw news and advertisements for FSN in the media.