Chapter 31: Magus Frustration

Although they said they would engage in a verbal battle with film critics, Shinji had never intended to directly confront them head-on.

Not to mention directly engaging in a verbal battle with someone's female relatives, which would be impolite, Shinji also didn't want to be seen as an arrogant and overbearing junior in the industry at such a young age.

Moreover, Shinji was well aware of the weak points of those high and mighty film critics. They weren't afraid of verbal conflicts, but what they feared most was being ignored.

The best way to deal with these film critics was not to point out what they said was wrong but to ignore their comments and praise the movies they disliked.

Therefore, on the evening the article was published, Asahi TV broadcasted a carefully arranged interview. The TV station used a live connection to the theaters and intentionally filmed a large number of ordinary fans pouring out of the cinema. They also interviewed these fans.

In front of the camera, these excited young viewers did not hide their love for FSN.

"FSN is amazing! Saber's story made me cry!"

"I've never seen such fantastic action scenes before. The production team is really amazing!"

"This movie is more exciting than all the movies I've seen in my life combined!"

...

Seeing the television station coming for interviews, these young viewers rushed to the camera and shouted excitedly into the lens to share their viewing experiences.

"Well, it seems the program is very effective."

Watching the news, Shinji nodded in satisfaction.

"Master, did you hire a group of actors?" Cu Chulainn asked quietly.

Because they had been following Shinji closely recently to help with the promotion, the heroic spirits also learned a lot about promotional tactics.

"Master, deceiving people is not right," Arturia reminded him with integrity.

"Hmph."

Medusa didn't say anything but just pushed up her glasses, looking at Shinji with disdain in her eyes.

"It's not deception; it's just a promotional technique!" Feeling the slightly prickly gaze of his heroic spirits, Shinji defended himself, "Besides, how could we pre-arrange interviews and such? That's impossible."

Using suggestion magecraft to make people speak according to his wishes or something like that, Shinji would never say such a thing.

Leaning against the wall and sipping tea, Yan Qing spoke reasonably, "As the saying goes, all is fair in war. After all, this time, it was that film critic organization that provoked the conflict first. Our counterattack is entirely justified."

"Exactly, exactly! Master, I think the best counterattack is to make a movie that shuts their mouths up! Let me be the lead in the next movie, and I, the one who is best at acting among these heroic spirits, will make them shut up!"

Cu Chulainn confidently pointed to himself and flashed a bright smile.

"You? Nah, forget it."

"Lancer, did you also read that manga?"

"At most, you can play a comedic role."

"Mongrel, I really admire your courage."

"Lancer, have you been eating dog food and talking nonsense?"

Everyone present expressed their disdain for Cu Chulainn's self-promotion.

"Huh? Why?!"

The reactions of the others hurt Cu Chulainn deeply.