Chapter 11: Gilgamesh: Will You Teach Me How to Act?

Shinji pursed his lips, lightly tapping his fingers on the armrest of the director's chair, his expression filled with helplessness.

Standing at the center of the set, Gilgamesh crossed his arms, his demeanor imposing as he glared at Shinji.

"I have to say, Gilgamesh..."

After the two had locked eyes for quite a while, Shinji finally managed to speak with restrained frustration.

"Could you please perform according to my script? It's quite difficult for me when you ad-lib like this."

Gilgamesh responded as if it were only natural, "Why? On what basis should I, the King, perform according to your demands?"

"Tsk."

Shinji pursed his lips unhappily.

On the opposite side, Gilgamesh had no intention of letting Shinji off. He shouted loudly, "In the end, how could I do such things?! Murdering, abducting beautiful women— Aren't these things only done by monsters?! How could I ever do such things?!"

"Don't pretend like you don't know about it! You're the one who did all that!"

Shinji retorted with the same volume.

Gilgamesh snorted and looked at the "peasant girl" he was acting against, spreading his arms, "And you even made me die in such an unsightly manner. How could I lose to this country bumpkin?"

The targeted "peasant girl," Arturia Pendragon, drew her sword at Gilgamesh, "King of Heroes, are you planning to fight me?"

"Huh? Do you think I'm afraid of you, King of Knights?" Gilgamesh grinned, "How about we compare our strengths here, see if I'd really lose to you!"

"As you wish!"

Seeing that the two Heroic Spirits were on the verge of a fight, the crew members backed away for the sake of their lives.

The only exception was the cameraman, who aimed his camera at the two Servants to capture their interaction as much as possible.

This was Shinji's request. In Shinji's words, "You never know if we might need these shots in post-production or for behind-the-scenes footage, so it's better to have more footage than not."

However, the two ultimately didn't start a fight because, upon Shinji's request, Arturia yielded.

After all, if these two actually fought and caused damage to the filming equipment, leading to machine malfunctions, Shinji would lose his mind.

"Hmph, apart from arrogance, the portrayal of me in the script is as worthless as shit! Shinji, you clueless Master, you haven't captured my aura and essence at all!"

Gilgamesh pointed his thumb at himself, proudly.

"You should have just asked me to write the script, so I could showcase my magnificence and grandeur myself! Let me tell you, no one understands me better than I do!"

"Who would understand the King like you do!"

Shinji abandoned his restraint and exchanged verbal blows with Gilgamesh while standing on the director's chair.

"Furthermore, what's with this display of my magnificence? How can you write me, the King, so foolishly?"

"If you're so dissatisfied, then quickly turn me into a positive character!"

"Even if everyone's a positive character, who will play the antagonist?"

"Who cares about that! Let that 'peasant girl' play the antagonist!"