Chapter 16: Bandai

The preview screening of "Fate/Stay Night" was held in a movie theater not far from Tsuburaya Studios.

This theater had been around for quite some time, and its equipment was relatively old, making the conditions less than ideal.

However, Shinji wasn't overly concerned. Film screening equipment in this world was generally similar anyway.

Although various special movie screening modes like Dolby sound, 3D, 4D, IMAX, and more had been invented, they were either confined to labs or used in museums. Their commercialization was far from imminent.

Whenever he thought about this, Shinji felt a sense of historical mission. He believed he had a responsibility to bring the ultimate movie-watching experience to the audiences of this world.

However, one step at a time. For now, Shinji was more concerned about the distribution of FSN in Japan. Only if this movie achieved remarkable results could it drive the development of commercial blockbuster films in this world.

On the morning of the screening, Shinji, along with his uncle, Matou Kariya, arrived at the entrance of the movie theater to welcome the participants from Toho Film Company.

However, Shinji's presence wasn't enough to draw the attention of the Toho Company members in the Japanese film industry. Even when he shook hands with them, they only treated him as a formality.

Shinji wasn't surprised, though. Without his uncle's introduction, these people probably wouldn't have attended the screening.

Although the Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City had come to an end without a winner, the Matou family had undergone significant changes. Nonetheless, Kariya had left Fuyuki City due to heartbreak.

However, in this world, Kariya was leading a much more prosperous life than his counterparts in other parallel worlds. With Zouken's assistance, he entered the entertainment industry as a tokusatsu actor.

After starring in Tsuburaya's tokusatsu series "Ultraman Dyna," Kariya's acting career began to soar, making him a well-known figure in the industry.

By the way, Shinji could never forget the shock he felt when he opened the television and saw his own uncle playing the role of Shin Asuka. He had even accidentally sprayed water all over Sakura's face.

As a result, Shinji had to spend three months' worth of pocket money to earn Sakura's forgiveness.

"Long time no see, Kariya."

The leader of Toho Company's team shook hands with Kariya. Based on his uncle's interactions, Shinji learned that the man was called Hata Keigo, the head of Toho Company's Distribution Department Group 2, and the highest-ranking member of the Toho team for this event.

Standing beside Keigo was a man in his fifties named Kawachi Ippei, a well-known film critic in the industry.

The opinions of these two individuals would determine the treatment that FSN would receive from Toho.

The size of the viewing team indicated that Toho Company didn't attach much importance to FSN.

Shinji wasn't surprised by this. His uncle had at most a middling status within the industry, and it wasn't enough to gain the full attention of Toho's higher-ups.

After a few casual greetings with the Toho members, everyone took their seats in the small screening room, waiting for the movie to begin.

Shinji intentionally sat in the back corner, allowing him to observe the reactions of the Toho employees during the screening. This would give him an advantage during negotiations after the movie.