Chapter 36: Shinji Matou Never Disappoints

Shinji, Cloris, and Rin stood face to face at the entrance of the theater.

For a moment, the three of them fell into a strange silence.

In the end, it was Cloris who broke the silence first.

"Oh dear, Shinji," Cloris said, grabbing his shoulder and squinting her eyes. "Who is this woman with you?"

Shinji's face turned pale in an instant. "C-Cloris!?"

'What's with that chilling smile? Isn't your Flora family's magecraft related to botany? When did you learn ice magecraft?'

Next to him, Rin seemed to have guessed something when she heard this silver-haired beauty addressing Shinji by his "name."

"This lady is one of the women you associate with outside, right?" Rin tossed her ponytail to one side and smiled graciously. "Could you introduce me?"

"One of the women?"

Cloris's face had already turned as cold as the eternal ice of Antarctica.

"Shinji, I don't remember educating you to become this kind of man~"

Shinji's brain was now running at a speed of 150 miles per hour.

On the surface, Shinji appeared calm, as if nothing had happened. But inside, he felt like his heart was beating so fast that it couldn't supply enough blood.

"Cloris, this is the person I've been telling you about, Rin. She happened to have a role in a movie this time, so I brought her to Cannes."

Shinji used an explanation that even Cu Chulainn, the battle loving hound, could understand, to introduce Rin to Cloris.

"Hmph~"

Cloris lightly snorted, and she didn't let go of her intentions toward Shinji.

"And then? What did she mean by 'one of the women'?"

"Well, this..." After thinking for a moment, Shinji forcefully explained, "Because Rin isn't very used to English yet, so her choice of words might be a bit off..."

Before Shinji could finish making excuses for himself, Rin rudely interrupted him.

"Hey, Shinji. Are my words really that strange? That's not what you said at the Clock Tower..."

How could Rin miss such a good opportunity to tease Shinji?

She didn't bother covering for Shinji. At the very least, exposing Shinji's true self could help this lady in front of her escape from her misery.

So Rin boldly pushed Shinji aside and took the initiative to communicate with Cloris.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Rin."

As she said that, Rin even reached out her hand to the other person.

"You're really beautiful, Miss. Although I know Shinji often hangs out with pretty girls, I didn't expect him to hook up with someone of your caliber. It really surprised me."

After Rin finished introducing herself, Cloris's eyes actually sparkled, and she warmly shook the hand Rin had extended.

"Oh, you're Rin? Shinji often talks about you. The genius magus of the Tohsaka family, a talented young girl with all five attributes."

"That bastard-I mean, does Shinji often mention me?"

Rin felt a hint of surprise.

"Yes!"

Cloris nodded vigorously. "You've been together since childhood, old enemies who can't escape their fates, like fox and dog friends!"

"Old enemies... fox and dog friends... Shinji, you need to give me an explanation!"