Chapter 15: Collaboration

Lord Aozaki's words weren't overly loud, yet the volume was just enough for everyone nearby to hear.

Clearly, Lord Aozaki's goal was to attract the attention of others and make Touko look bad.

But Touko wasn't someone to be trifled with either. She leisurely lit a cigarette, seemingly unaffected by Aozaki's words.

"Ah, this is going to be interesting."

Shinji, who had been on his way to get food, halted his steps, watching Aozaki's family members with keen interest.

Zouken Matou found a chair and sat down, muttering in a low voice, "Lord Aozaki is really going too far. How could he call his own granddaughter a stray dog? Even if that young girl is probably acting like a bitch in heat in the bedroom, it's quite bad to call her that outside of it."

"...Grandfather," Shinji massaged his temples with his fingers, "If you're going to speak, try not to make things worse."

Zouken chuckled nonchalantly, then shifted his gaze toward Lord Aozaki.

In the crowd, the standoff between the Aozaki grandfather and granddaughter continued.

"Grandfather, please don't be angry," Aoko quickly intervened with a forced smile, glancing at her elder sister as she tried to smooth things over.

However, instead of restraining herself, Touko sneered at her grandfather.

"Why aren't you leaving yet? Didn't you say this isn't a place for dogs to eat?"

Snap

The table around Touko shattered into splinters in an instant.

Judging by the magecraft energy Shinji sensed, it should have been the doing of Lord Aozaki.

"Grandfather."

Seeing her grandfather's temper flaring up, Aoko whispered in a hushed voice, "This is the banquet hall, and there are outsiders present."

This sentence managed to suppress Lord Aozaki's anger, which was on the brink of exploding.

Lord Aozaki pointed toward the banquet hall's entrance. "Leave. This is not a place where third-rate magus can be. You are no longer qualified to be here in the Aozaki family, as it stands!"

Touko stopped her motion of lighting a cigarette, and her eyes behind the lenses narrowed slightly.

Lord Aozaki was angry, and she was just as furious, if not more so.

However, with so many renowned figures in the Japanese magecraft world present, causing a scene would only embarrass everyone and jeopardize her future business prospects.

Thus, Aozaki Touko could only take a deep breath and suppress her inner anger.

"I'm attending this event at the invitation of my client, and it has nothing to do with you."

Upon hearing these words, Lord Aozaki opened his mouth, preparing to taunt her a bit more. But he didn't expect Touko to cut him off entirely, standing up directly.

"I thought it was some high-end banquet, but it's just at this level. I'm leaving, I'm leaving."

With that, Touko waved her hand without any semblance of decorum and left the banquet hall without looking back.

"Grandfather, please excuse me."

Shinji, who had been observing the situation, blinked his eyes, then decisively followed Touko.