Chapter 3: Since You Have a Sweet Mouth, Eat More Candy

Some things are only truly challenging when you attempt them practically.

Especially for the fusion of industry and art like film, every outstanding movie embodies the hard work of the crew that others can hardly imagine.

Even with the experience of two lifetimes, even after studying in Hollywood, and even using legendary Heroic Spirits as actors, in order to capture the perfect scenes he envisions, Shinji had filmed these few minutes of footage over and over again.

During every break in filming, Shinji would make adjustments based on the issues from the previous takes.

The dozens of crew members had been busy for half a day, finally achieving the shooting effect that Shinji had been longing for.

"It's finally done."

Looking at the footage on the monitor, Shinji finally breathed a sigh of relief.

The warehouse scene involved not many action sequences but was one of the most crucial scenes in the entire movie.

This was the first formal appearance of the female lead, and it was vital for her character.

In Shinji's previous life, countless Type-Moon fans – including Shinji himself – were amazed by the beauty of the knight girl under the moonlight. It was this that pulled them into the Type-Moon rabbit hole.

To capture the audience's attention at first glance, Shinji had spared no effort, even using soft lighting.

This technique was frequently used in film production to emphasize a character's sanctity. The most common example could be seen in the "Lord of the Rings" series with the elf characters having inherent visual effects.

Of course, Shinji's approach was different from traditional filmmaking; he had Arturia activate her magical energy in front of the camera, causing her armor to emit a silver-white holy light.

By coordinating this with the other set lights, a knight girl radiating a holy radiance, with shining eyes full of determination and a sacred aura, was born.

This was also a significant reason why Shinji chose magus and Servants as actors – they could enhance their own performances with magecraft during filming.

This allowed many scenes that usually required post-production effects to be captured directly during filming, at a lower cost.

After filming the video material, Shinji also took several close-up shots of Arturia with his camera, preparing promotional material for the film.

In the photos, Arturia looked like a Valkyrie descended to Earth, perfectly blending beauty and strength, two seemingly incompatible traits.

Shinji paid particular attention to her eyes – elegant, clear, and revealing unwavering determination. They seemed capable of piercing through a person's soul and stealing their very essence.

Only a seemingly perfect young knight like this could stir the emotions of the audience, captivating everyone's hearts, right?

Although the scenes with the female lead had been completed, it didn't mean that the rest of the work for the Fate/stay night crew would go smoothly.

In order for this movie to become a benchmark and model for magus films, and to preserve the core secrets of magecraft, Shinji employed a significant number of magus crew members, particularly for the cast, almost entirely comprised of the "original team" from Fate/stay night.

This also meant that the crew was filled with newcomers.

Especially for Heroic Spirits like Arturia, summoned to the modern world, they couldn't immediately adapt to the demands of movie production.