Chapter 38: A Rich Woman Wants to Support You, What More Do You Want?

In the early morning, Rin Tohsaka yawned as she got out of bed.

In May, Cannes was bathed in beautiful sunlight, with the sea, blue sky, and white clouds creating a picturesque scene. Unfortunately, Rin had no interest in admiring this beauty. Her spirit had been worn down by the battle between wakefulness and sleep, and she could only go through the motions of getting ready with muscle memory.

Due to the fact that in this world, her parents were still alive, Rin's daily life was more regular than in other parallel worlds, at least she didn't experience low blood pressure in the morning due to skipping breakfast.

However, even so, Rin's struggle to get out of bed had not improved much. Every morning, this was the most challenging time for Miss Tohsaka.

By the time Rin had managed to get herself ready, the staff of Fate/Stay Night had already finished their breakfast and left the hotel.

Only the old man, Derek Ford, was leisurely sitting at a small dining table, with his legs crossed, reading a newspaper.

"Feel free to sit."

The old man warmly invited Rin to sit across from him and called a waiter to order her breakfast.

"Thank you."

Rin, who had just woken up, regained the elegance of the Tohsaka family. She sat at the table, enjoying a small breakfast of French bread and eggs.

"Tsk tsk, these Spaniards are really... they actually said that you and Miss Arturia didn't take off your clothes, which made Fate/Stay Night lose its only highlight."

Derek Ford threw a Spanish newspaper to the side with a disgusted look on his face.

Shrugging her shoulders while sipping her soup, Rin said indifferently, "They probably wanted to challenge the alternate version invaded by the Knights of the Round Table."

During the film festival, major entertainment media from around the world had issued special editions in Cannes. Therefore, Rin wasn't surprised that Derek Ford could get a Spanish newspaper. As for the criticism of Fate/Stay Night in the Spanish newspaper, Rin didn't care.

As Shinji had said, Fate/Stay Night was originally aimed at the box office. No matter how harshly people criticized it in the newspapers, it couldn't compare to the long lines of eager moviegoers outside the theaters.

Even though she wasn't the main character of the movie, Rin felt a sense of pride when she saw the enthusiastic audience.

Moreover, the newspapers didn't only contain criticisms of Fate/Stay Night; there were also some media outlets that gave a thumbs-up to this big-budget production.

For example, The Times in the UK praised Fate/Stay Night highly.

"The exhilarating plot of Fate/Stay Night is so satisfying that it makes people cheer. The director of this film, Shinji Matou, seems to have let his thoughts soar to the heavens.

"This masterpiece has created a feat that has never been seen in the history of cinema, captivating the audience with combat elements that no one had noticed before.

"Among them, the most outstanding aspect is Shinji Matou's creation of the atmosphere and characters. With a narrative rhythm that doesn't drag on for a moment, he tells the legendary life of King Arthur. He has left a lasting impression of this character on everyone who has seen the movie!"

Rin had finished her breakfast and was reading the newspaper while sipping her coffee when she came across the excessively flattering review of Fate/Stay Night in The Times. She couldn't help but put down her cup and rub her arms, feeling goosebumps.