Chapter 10: Kotomine Kirei: Mapo Tofu is Awesome!

Upon hearing Shinji's refusal, Kotomine Kirei didn't let it go. He brought his face very close to Shinji's, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Are you sure? I distinctly heard someone talking about Mapo Tofu."

"Absolutely no one said anything!"

"You did mention wanting to eat, didn't you?"

"In your eyes, is eating and Mapo Tofu synonymous?!"

"For me, they are."

"Then go ahead and drown yourself in a pool of Mapo Tofu sauce!"

Due to the lighting, half of Kotomine Kirei's face was in shadow, making him seem even more eerie in Shinji's eyes.

"But didn't you teach me this, Director?"

With a faint smile on his face, Kotomine Kirei somehow produced a plate of Mapo Tofu and offered it to Shinji.

What was even more peculiar was that, judging by the steaming heat and the tofu emitting "gurgling" sounds, Shinji deduced that this plate of tofu was freshly cooked.

"Come on, Director. It's mealtime."

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry."

As Shinji desperately tried to push the plate away, he glanced at the others, hoping that Shirou and the rest wouldn't keep observing but would quickly come to his rescue.

And then, Shinji only saw an empty table and artificial gemstones scattered across it.

"Darn it! They all ran away!"

Shinji finally noticed that Shirou, Rin, and Illya were all waving to him from the doorway.

"You traitors!!"

Before Shinji could even open his mouth, Kotomine Kirei took the opportunity to shove a spoonful of Mapo Tofu into his mouth.

"Sp-spicy!!"

The prop room was filled with Shinji's choked exclamations.

Ten minutes later.

After downing his fifth glass of cold water, Shinji let out a long sigh.

"Whew~ I thought I was gonna die."

As he fanned his mouth with his hand, Shinji muttered.

"Apologies, Master."

Arturia, holding a glass of water, averted her eyes with embarrassment. Her face was full of guilt. "Everything else might be fine, but the mashed potatoes made by Kojirō... and this Mapo Tofu..."

"Onii-sama, aren't you a fan of Chinese cuisine?"

Sakura lightly patted Shinji's back while teasing her brother softly.

Shinji pounded the table in retort. "I don't admit that this is authentic Chinese cuisine! Traditional Chinese cuisine is about having color, aroma, and flavor. This thing only has spiciness and nothing else!"

Knowing that he had reincarnated into the Type-Moon world and not a culinary world, Shinji never expected to eat an exquisite Mapo Tofu. But the Mapo Tofu given by Kotomine Kirei couldn't even be considered food.

Honestly, Shinji strongly suspected that Kotomine Kirei's taste buds were completely ruined for him to enjoy such a stimulating dish.

"Feels like I just ate molten lava."

Shinji continued fanning his tongue with his hand as he complained.

Sakura chuckled, "You brought this upon yourself. If Onii-sama wasn't so clever, how could Uncle Kotomine have done this?"