Chapter 26: Gaining Fame in the Circle

Accompanied by Beethoven's murmurs, the theme song of FSN, "Disillusion," began to play in the theater.

To better capture the bittersweet feeling of Fate/Stay Night's ending, Shinji deliberately chose the symphonic version from 2007.

To recreate the music from his memories, Shinji had spent quite a bit of money.

Fortunately, Shinji Matou, although not musically inclined, was not tone-deaf either. With his diligent efforts, he managed to recreate the song perfectly as he remembered it.

Moreover, due to the absence of various copyright disputes, he directly used the title "Disillusion" for this song, rather than the more common "This illusion" he used in his previous life. The former was more in line with the movie's plot, where Arturia ultimately gave up her illusions and accepted her fate.

Actually, this slightly bittersweet ending didn't conform to the rules of big-budget commercial films. In commercial film terms, a grand, feel-good ending like the Good End of the UBW route would have been more appropriate.

Shinji had also shot material for that Good End as an alternative ending for the movie. However, during the final editing, he felt that the original ending better reflected Arturia's character growth and made her character more complete. So, he chose the original ending.

Fortunately, in this world, art films were dominant, and tragic endings were something art films didn't lack.

So, the audience didn't feel dissatisfied with the slightly melancholic ending of FSN; they just felt like they wanted more.

"This music is somewhat melancholic..." Aoko leaned back in her  seat and sighed, "But it really suits the mood of that King Arthur. Alice, do you think the real King Arthur has found peace in the afterlife?"

"This is just a movie; you need to separate it from reality," Alice replied with a nod and a lowered brow.

"Is that so..." Aoko tilted her head, looking puzzled, "But my sister told me that the actors in this movie are all playing as themselves."

"Hmm..."

Alice raised an eyebrow upon hearing this.

"Are you thinking about going to Fuyuki City?" Aoko suddenly became interested. If Alice really had such an idea, she could also take the opportunity to see Touko.

Alice replied with a blank expression, "We'll see."

"Hey, hey, aren't you being too mysterious?" Aoko felt that her friend had something on her mind, but he couldn't guess what it was. Alice's poker face was impenetrable.

Fuyuki City's screening venue.

While the audience was immersed in the epic storyline of the FSN movie, listening to the melodious song "Disillusion," Shinji had already evacuated with the crew as soon as the main feature ended.

Before the movie started, the audience didn't recognize them, so it was manageable. But now that the movie had ended, at least in this theater, they had become famous.

To prevent any accidents in the narrow theater, Shinji decisively left early with his team.

"Hey, Master."

As soon as they stepped out of the cinema, Cu Chulainn embraced Shinji's neck.

Shinji gave him a look. "What's up?"

Cu Chulainn grinned and said, "Master, since I worked so hard during filming, can I be the protagonist in the next movie?"

Recalling how he had been forgotten by the audience during his second appearance in the movie, Cu Chulainn felt quite aggrieved.