Chapter 29: Rejection from Toho

"...Through the movie, we can clearly see Director Shinji Matou's expertise in the field of mystery, and the various development patterns of Gem Magecraft are portrayed vividly in the film."

"Take, for example, the scene where Rin Tohsaka freezes Berserker. Through the magecraft circle, we can observe three different gem attributes and their combinations..."

Shinji put down the newspaper, pinching his temples with his fingers.

When he was making the movie, he had never expected that magus would analyze the magecraft in his film from a traditional magus's perspective. It was like a scientist writing a paper titled "The Role of Palladium in Nuclear Fusion" after watching the movie "Iron Man."

"It feels... truly surreal."

Shinji shook his head in disbelief. Scientists finding scientific research theory in a fantasy movie – could there be anything more absurd in the world?

Yes!

From Shinji's limited knowledge of magecraft, he realized that this paper actually had value. Magus like the Tohsaka family, who studied Gem Magecraft, could genuinely gain knowledge from this article.

Yet, the director and producer of the movie, Shinji himself, were completely unaware of this. That was the most absurd part!

"Who wrote this article... I should know them."

Shinji saw the author's name, "Alice Kuonji," and immediately remembered the face of a certain short-haired girl.

Although the Matou family and the Kuonji family had no significant connection, Shinji, as a fan of the "Fate" series, was well aware of the importance of this character in the story.

"Shinji, do you know the young lady from the Kuonji family?" Zouken asked with a sly smile.

Shrugging his shoulders, Shinji replied, "Well, I've heard Miss Touko mention her. She's good friends with her sister."

"I see."

Upon hearing that his grandson hadn't had any particular encounters with the young lady, Zouken's attention shifted away from the author.

"Although the circulation of this 'magus's Journal' is not high, it wields significant influence in the Japanese magus community," Zouken said, pointing to the newspaper. "Once this article is out, most magus in Japan will want to watch this movie."

"That's not a bad thing."

Hearing his grandfather's words, Shinji couldn't help but fantasize.

Even if there were only a few thousand magus in Japan, their collective attendance could significantly boost the movie's box office, especially considering the limited screenings during the preview stage. Additionally, these viewers would influence their friends and acquaintances to watch the film, creating a ripple effect. After all, even secluded magus had their social circles.

Having experienced the development of movies in his previous life, Shinji understood just how powerful word-of-mouth could be for a good film.

"It seems that those old-fashioned magus obsessed with magecraft all day long aren't completely useless."

Thinking about this, Shinji suddenly found the article in the newspaper much more appealing, and he even developed a slight fondness for the young lady named "Alice Kuonji."

After all, she had unintentionally helped promote FSN for free!

In reality, the word-of-mouth promotion of the movie was far better than Shinji had anticipated.