Chapter 24: Gilgamesh - A Flash of Gold, This King Shines Brightly

"Tch, they're all a bunch of superficial and vulgar people who only look at the surface."

Listening to the praises of Saber from the other viewers around her, Aoko coldly snorted.

"What about you then?"

During the transitional scene, Alice turned and asked in return.

Aoko raised her thumb. "Of course, I want to fight her!"

"...You're a superficial and vulgar person with muscles in your head."

Alice never thought that fighting was a good thing. She couldn't help but wonder what kind of sin she had committed in her past life to make such a friend.

"Hehe, Alice, what are you talking about? How could I be a vulgar person?"

Aoko had always had thick skin, so she didn't mind her friend's teasing.

"I just want to know if those Heroic Spirits are as strong as they're portrayed in the movies," Aoko said, picking up her cola to take a sip.

But before she could bring the straw to her lips, the movie's background music suddenly changed. On the screen, the male protagonist, Shirou, was out relaxing in the park and met Illya.

To emphasize that Illya would be the dominant character from this point on, Shinji deliberately shot her scenes from a low angle, while Shirou's scenes were all from a high angle.

This gave the impression that the character with a significant height difference, Illya, appeared taller in the shots.

Although most of the audience, including Aoko, didn't know much about cinematography, they all realized that there would be some exciting scenes between these two characters after seeing the camera switch between Illya and Shirou several times.

"Is that little girl planning to take on the male lead by herself?" one audience member whispered. "She's not using her Servant and is taking action herself? Something's not right here. The male lead is so much bigger than her."

"Ignorant," Alice retorted quietly. "She's a magus."

Magus didn't compete based on physique and stature. Even with the significant reduction in magical energy in the present era, taking down a single person in a one-on-one fight was still achievable.

But Alice's voice was too soft, and the audience member who was complaining didn't hear her.

Even if they had heard, it wouldn't have mattered because the big screen had already depicted what a magus's fight entailed.

Illya skillfully approached Shirou, greeted him with a cute demeanor, said a few words, and then her eyes flashed red, and then...

Smack

"I can't believe it..."

This wasn't the first time Kiritsugu had covered his face. His own son was truly embarrassing. He never learned from his mistakes, didn't remember what was important, and was too naive. Even when the other side exchanged a few words, he let his guard down.

That was an enemy!

Even though the enemy was the world's most adorable creature in the world (in Kiritsugu's words), she was still an enemy!

And Kiritsugu's son had more than one point of criticism in the movie. He challenged a Servant with a poster in hand, only retreated when reminded, and charged back into the front lines of the Servant battle. Even though he was told there was a problem, he only thought to shake someone when he was thrown downstairs...

At first, he wanted to forget all about this embarrassing scene, thinking that it's all something that Shirou would only do in the movie, but after evaluating his own son, Kiritsugu concluded that if such a situation really occurred, his son would definitely take these actions.