Chapter 12: Ready to Embrace a New Era of Movies

The winter sunlight bathed the Homurahara Academy's playground. The clean and beautiful campus was quiet, except for the bustling calls of students participating in physical education on the field.

In a classroom near the window, Sakura Matou absentmindedly twirled the pen in her right hand, her left hand supporting her chin as she gazed blankly through the glass at the playground.

It seemed like the students running laps on the field were more captivating than Taiga speaking fluent Japanese English at the front of the classroom.

"So boring." She muttered to herself, "I wonder how Onii-sama is doing."

Today was Monday, and according to Shinji's request, several students from the crew had to attend school, staying until the afternoon club activities before leaving.

Having left the crew after a pleasant weekend, Sakura felt like a bird trapped in a cage.

Compared to the dull and tasteless studying at school, Sakura preferred being busy with her Onii-sama in the film crew.

Unfortunately, as the film production reached its final stages, several students from the crew, including Sakura, were sent back to school by Shinji.

To be honest, Sakura didn't have many scenes in the movie. After all, Shinji was shooting the Stay/Night route, not the Heaven's Feel route. Sakura's role might not even surpass that of the secondary female lead, Rin Tohsaka.

Within the crew, Sakura mainly served as Shinji's assistant, helping her dear Onii-sama with various trivial tasks. Although the work was mundane, Sakura enjoyed the atmosphere and environment of the crew more.

Because there were eccentric and comical characters like the bizarre Lancer, the understanding Rider, Saber who loved the food she cooked, and... her beloved Onii-sama, Shinji Matou.

Just thinking about it made Sakura tempted to abandon her textbooks and run to the film set.

Unfortunately, that was just wishful thinking. Shinji would never agree to such a thing. Despite Shinji's doting attitude towards her, he would never let her study at her own pace.

'What scene is Onii-sama shooting right now? Is it with Miss Saber?'

Sakura's mind couldn't help but ponder this.

Instantly, the white lines on the playground seemed to change form in her gaze. What should have been abstract lines gradually took on the form of a person: disheveled medium-length hair, gentle face, deep eyes, a perpetually confident expression...

"Onii-sama..."

Sakura bit her pen and imagined Shinji directing on set, wielding his director's baton with authority.

'He just came back from abroad not long ago, and he's already diving into such a demanding workload. Why can't he stay by my side?'

"Matou-san..." Taiga Fujimura quickly noticed Sakura's daydreaming. "Sakura!"

Lost in her own fantasy, Sakura didn't hear Taiga's voice.

Smack!

After several calls went unanswered, Taiga walked over and gently tapped Sakura's head with a book.

"Uh... Fujimura-sensei..."

Only then did Sakura snap out of it, looking bewildered at Taiga.

"Sakura, dear..."

Taiga felt somewhat helpless at Sakura's adorable, animal-like expression. She sighed and said, "I know you care about Shinji's movie, but I still hope you can pay attention in class. Otherwise, what's the point of Shinji making you go to school?"